Trainer - APAC
To design, plan and implement a wide range of technical, soft skill and induction training to Customer Service & Sales teams and Service Managers.
To carry out training evaluation in order to assess the impact of the training provided and to identify continuous improvement opportunities. The role holder will also carry out training needs analysis for new programmes and key business and process changes.
Will also be responsible for reviewing the output of quality and coaching monitoring to identify trends and the need for training interventions. Will recommend training interventions and ongoing improvements to the Learning Business Partners and to Service Managers.
Will deliver training where required across any Bupa Global APAC site - Hong Kong, China, Singapore. Occasional travel to other global locations.
- Contribute to or lead on the design of training materials for all customer services and sales functions, including induction, new products, services and processes
- Create training needs analysis for new programmes and key business and process changes
- Work with the Learning Business Partner to ensure there is an up to date, dedicated central reference point for all technical queries
- Work closely with the business and implement recommendations to improve the customer experience through training and development.
- Complete analysis on quality data, identifying trends and putting in place remedial action to improve.
- Keep fully informed of the introduction of new products, policies, promotions, procedures and systems
- Work with the Learning Business Partner and regional peers to co-ordinate Service and Sales training to give consistency in service for our customers globally.
- Work with Compliance to ensure that training materials and training delivery methods meet best practice and regulatory requirements and best practise.
- Take a training lead role for certain projects in the Customer Service and Sales Directorate as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Background education in learning and development and/or relevant qualification highly desirable
- Experienced training professional with knowledge of the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Must have designed and delivered training for customer facing employee groups, ideally in a call centre environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on developing people to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and externally at all levels.
- Strong continuous improvement focus
- Significant knowledge and cultural understanding of the various regions and their markets.
- Ability to inspire and create enthusiasm, energy and cooperation in others to achieve work objectives
- Comfortable with the use technology to enable learning.
- Must be fluent in written & spoken English and ideally fluent in spoken Mandarin.
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.