Service Account Manager
As a Service Account Manager you will be responsible for delivering customer service to our UAE business to business customers (B2B), whether they are corporate accounts or broker partners. We count a number of high-profile global corporations as our customers, and you will be expected to deliver the best customer service to manage customer expectations.
You will be managing a specific portfolio of accounts, but have responsibility for servicing a wider group of customers for the region as a team. Examples of B2B enquires are:
- Application processing and renewals
- Pre-authorisation and claims support
- Day to day billing and commission enquiries
You’ll work closely with your counterparts in the sales departments, as well as the wider Oman Insurance and Bupa Global operations.
- To provide a dedicated and comprehensive service to these customers, acting as the primary point of contact for Group Secretaries/ intermediaries within their portfolio and deliver the highest level of customer care.
- To respond to all incoming calls/emails from Group Secretaries/ intermediaries and also undertake proactive outbound calling, to include service calls and loyalty calls. Work closely with Global Sales, New Business and Claims to ensure a smooth customer journey.
- Provide support during renewals and securing of new group schemes within your assigned portfolio, in line with agreed targets.
- Through in-bound and out-bound account management calls, proactively manage the relationship between the Group Secretary/Intermediary, providing a dedicated and specialist service to groups assigned to the portfolio
- To deliver and support a bespoke and robust implementation process based on customer requirements.
- In order to resolve queries the team member will be required to liaise negotiate and co-ordinate with other teams to ensure customer focused action.
- The team member will be expected to establish and develop effective relationships by managing a regional portfolio of business customers.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the computer records reflect up to date communications with the member so that enquiries can be dealt with quickly and efficiently
- The team member will be expected to assist with the workload of other teams in the department according to their skills and development needs. In addition, the team member will be called upon to train and mentor new members of the team depending on experience and knowledge.
- Team members will be actively involved in the renewal process making sure everything has been done according to the agreement with the client.
- Team members will participate in client visits, and potential client visits, in order to promote the service the team provides.
- Provide the necessary support to our clients training them when needed in issues such as: Explaining documentation, use of web-sites and claiming processes.
- Reduce the administrative workload for the client when one of our members is going through traumatic experience in relation to their health.
- Make sure the groups are paid up-to-date and follow the relevant process if this is not the case.
- Good numeracy skills in order to work out group billing or commissions require, similar to an accounting skill.
- Achieve customer-focused decision-making using judgement skills and utilising agreed authority levels.
- Pro-actively encourage and promote the use of our websites
- Manage and support resolution of enquiries of customer walk ins
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent as a minimum, medical field preferred
- 2 – 3 years experience within: insurance, service industry or healthcare industry
- Middle East work experience required, DHA and HAAD experience preferred
- Experience of managing your own portfolio and face-to-face contact with your customers
- Previous experience within customer service is required, within a call centre environment preferred.
- English is mandatory. Arabic bi-lingual preferred
- Experience in building a good inter-departmental knowledge.
- Excellent decision making skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with intermediaries in any industry desirable but not essential
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them
- The job-holder should have experience of working in a highly pressurised office environment
- To have a good geographical and cultural knowledge and appreciation of differing time zones
- Advanced work processing skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High standard of written and spoken English
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.