Senior MI Reporting Analyst
A highly technical MI Analytics role, responsible for extracting complex and extensive operational data from the Bupa Global core customer service and operational systems, loading it into multiple, complex databases and transforming it into useable data. The wider MI Analytics team use the data to gain meaningful operational, performance and customer insights and to identify operational risks. This is a critical feed to the operational leadership team and the senior Executive team, informing day to day operational and strategic decisions, short and long term planning and inputs into a number of Executive governance committees.
The role also involves providing support to the Customer Complaints Root Cause Analyst Manager to enable detailed analysis of the causes of customer complaints, identifying trends and areas for improvement to reduce complaints and providing comprehensive reporting for internal use and for external Regulatory purposes.
- Maintaining existing suite of reports using SSIS, SSRS and SQL, making amends, updates & additions based on stakeholder requirements
- Creating new reports from existing data within the database, joining multiple tables and/or data sources, publishing these reports using SSRS to the reporting self-service portal
- Integrating new data into existing data tables from external sources such as new telephony platforms, newly implemented QA tools and/or email clients
- Automating extraction, transfer & loading processes, pulling data from multiple sources into the MI database
- Troubleshooting errors and investigating MI inaccuracies, validating data and reconciling data sets
- Working with Bupa IT Data Security Team to deliver the migration of the existing MI database onto a new server hosted externally, ensuring no loss of service to the business through rigorous UAT testing
- Using SQL to extract raw data from the database, joining multiple tables from which to deep dive into the data, visualise the data and create ad hoc reporting
- Manage local data resources and systems in collaboration with IS to ensure availability of data
- Where required, recommend improvements to data capture systems to ensure that data capture and reporting is automated and efficient
- Carry our data cleansing to ensure all data is current and fit for purpose
The Ideal Candidate
Proven track record in carrying out detailed data analysis and MI reporting in a customer facing commercial environment, with a strong focus on customer insight.
Deep experience and knowledge of using a range of systems to gather and report on information, with strong preference for the following:
- SQL / T-SQL / SSIS – Advanced, essential
- Excel/Access/VBA – Advanced, essential
- Tableau (or other BI Tools) – Intermediate, essential
- SAS – Intermediate, preferred
Able to disseminate large amounts of information to provide clear and commercially sound recommendations to managers.
Experience of working in a regulated environment, preferably financial services
Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and externally at all levels
Experience of working in a regulated financial services environment desirable
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.