Senior Client Manager
Based in Hong Kong, the Senior Client Manager will report to the Global Accounts Director with the primary goal of delivering a profitable and sustainable client management proposition for the Bupa Global portfolio of Employer Sponsored Schemes.
- Define, lead and deliver the global account management strategy in line with Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for both revenue and profit
- Proactively identify opportunities and growth potential for key global accounts and renew and expand existing corporate contracts whist balancing revenue and risk appetite
- Lead the management of major account relationships globally, working seamlessly with and through the local account managers to deliver hierarchical high-touch relationship management
- Establish and maintain appropriate account development and management plans to best address profitability and maximise retention. Manage strategic corporate client account plans proactively and provide advice to clients on their plans, annual claims spend, market and regulation changes.
- Monitor competitive activity in each account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated
- Monitor and prepare client account performance and sales material to high quality and senior stakeholder standards to enable robust decision making
- Understand and assess the risk presented by a customer’s claims experience and ensure that renewal terms are offered on a profitable basis
- Lead and develop team of account managers, creating opportunities for retention and development, owning the talent and succession plans to ensure resources are at a level and skill to deliver to the customer’s requirements.
- Deputise for the Global Sales Director when necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant education in sales/account manager or related studies useful but not essential.
- Relationship management background in the global health insurance market or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs in international markets
- A track record of leveraging local and global client and broker relationships.
- A track record of working with a proven and leading global proposition, and developing it further.
- Detailed understanding of the global market regulations and their impact with evidence of maintaining up to date knowledge of trends and developments e.g. changes in regulatory and other market conditions
- Experienced People Manager capable of leading a globally disparate team.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Experience in leading and influencing senior stakeholders
- An understanding of risk and pricing strategy to ensure that each customer is managed profitably and in line with risk appetite
- An understanding of commercial decision making, with the ability to make and support recommendations to senior leadership
- Energy, commitment and a positive attitude to achieving results
- Exposure to project work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives
- Highly organised with a natural flair for planning to ensure the best client experience from introduction through to after-sales service and support.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is essential
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.