This individual will be responsible for working with the Head of Audit and Global Internal Audit team to:
- Assist Bupa in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes.
- Undertake special project work, or line responsibilities in emergencies, as agreed by the Head of Audit or Audit Director.
In addition to the above, this individual will be accountable for the following:
Support the planning and execution of audits across Bupa’s businesses under the scope of the Internal Audit team suggesting changes to decrease risk, cost and increase control in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology, processes and procedures
Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for control improvement, providing appropriate findings to a high standard
Deliver high-quality reports of the results of completed audits to management through excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment taking responsibility for audit planning and development of the audit program, preparing all relevant audit papers and reports and presenting to the business
The Ideal Candidate
In addition, the job holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Insurance business acumen.
- Technical skills and experience in best-in-class audit functions. This includes experience with continuous auditing, digital audit, advanced data analytics techniques and agile culture.
- Governance, risk & control mindset and understanding of how audit fits into the 3LOD framework to keep Bupa safe.
- Innovation, empathy, willingness to operate in a continuous improvement environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Think strategically, plan tactically and execute effectively within the customer mindset;
- Demonstrable experience of working independently on internal audit reviews as well as in a team environment.
- Teamwork to support working as ‘One Bupa’ global team (even in a remote environment)
- Strong interest in and good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses.
· Fluent in English and Spanish.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for working within the Internal Audit team to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board and the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Bupa’s risk management, control and governance processes.