Senior Actuarial Analyst
This is an actuarial position within the actuarial team that sits within the Reserving & Reporting function and reports to the Reserving & Reporting Manager. Its primary purpose is to support this function in its delivery of the actuarial component of the Business Unit’s various financial reporting obligations, both locally in Florida as well as under Solvency II and IFRS.
This position also has a secondary purpose supporting the Pricing function, working closely with the Chief Actuary and other actuarial staff in the region to analyze and implement the Business Unit’s pricing decisions.
The tentative responsibility split it 70%/30% although the actual distribution will vary seasonally.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Support the Reserving & Reporting function in the following activities:
- The preparation of all deliverables assigned to the actuarial function that support the financial reporting of Bupa as an organization.
- The preparation of all deliverables assigned to the actuarial function that support the financial reporting of Bupa Insurance Company as a standalone insurance company.
- The supervision of all deliverables assigned to the actuarial function that support the financial reporting of subsidiary insurers in Latin America in their capacity as standalone insurance companies.
- The development and maintenance of all the reporting infrastructure, including reserving models, that are used in financial reporting.
- Support the company’s compliance with Group policies assigned to the actuarial function: Insurance Risk, Data Quality, Model Risk, and ORSA.
Support the Pricing function.
- Assist in the data, analysis, and implementation of the annual rate review.
- Assist in developing databases and related assets for the pricing area.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, mathematics, or similarly quantitative field.
- Working on professional accreditation with a qualified actuarial organization (for example, preferably the Society of Actuaries in the United States).
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced programming in VBA and SQL.
- Ability to use or learn a statistical programming language.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Preferably has worked in an actuarial role for at least 2 years.
- Preferably has experience in health insurance and/or Latin America.
- Preferably has worked in financial reporting, particularly Solvency II.
** Please assure to add an updated copy of your Resume to your application. Applications or profiles without an updated Resume will not be considered. **
** Por favor, asegúrese de añadir una copia actualizada de su currículum a su solicitud. No se tendrán en cuenta las solicitudes o perfiles que no tengan un currículum actualizado. **