Sales Support Consultant, Bupa Global
Sales Support Consultant, Bupa Global
Rotterdam, Netherlands office with option of hybrid working
Competitive salary depending on experience
Full time 40 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
As Sales Support Consultant for Bupa Global you will be crucial in providing sales support and pitch administration for the Netherlands branch. Working across the Netherland Sales Team, with the wider business and our brokers you will take pride in maintaining best practice sales processes and documentation to a high level.
We believe in helping people unlock their potential. So if you can bring us the skills we’re looking for then we can offer you an environment where you’ll not only grow, but thrive. With supporting development plans we’ll offer you clear progression routes to build your sales skills and experience and develop within. Helping you grow your career at a company that’s all about its people.
Once you’ve completed your induction, training and are competent in your role you'll also benefit from hybrid working, giving you the freedom to work from home and maintain a great work life balance. However if you’d like to come into the office more often, that’s fine too!
- Proactively manage prospecting activity, qualifying new business quotes and validating opportunities, coordinating these within Salesforce
- Build and maintain quotation, pitch and RFP material and assist in the preparation of presentation and report material to represent the Netherland Sales Team at both executive and Board level
- Coordinate sales pitch meetings, organising both internal and external parties’ availability and manage logistics of these
- Facilitate seamless on-boarding and coordination of any new business acquisitions liaising with Global Onboarding team: implementation coordinators and product executives to ensure client requirements fit Bupa capabilities
- Ensure high quality sales processes and documentation within the region, working to identify any gaps in process and continually strive to ensure best quality practices are followed
The Ideal Candidate
- International sales experience with an understanding of the corporate health insurance market being a great advantage
- Fluency in both Dutch and English, written and spoken, and the ability to speak French would be beneficial
- A good understanding of new business processes and knowledge of how this works
- Confidence using Microsoft Office Suite to help with presentations and a CRM (i.e Salesforce) to help maintain sales opportunities
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, articulate and numerate with an ability to negotiate and align with people at all levels both internally and externally
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Sales Support Consultant you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension plan
- 100% cover of Private Medical Insurance for you
- Company laptop
- Reimbursement of phone bill (BYOD)
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.