Sales Manager (Emirati national preferred)
The Sales Manager will manage a team of 5 and is accountable for New Business across the Individual Segment International Insurance Health Plans in the Middle East.
The role will have accountability for driving considerable new business growth within the Individual space amongst the broker community and also within the direct sales channel in Dubai.
The focus of this role will be to develop the Individual segment in the Middle East alongside, aligning with the other individual segment teams globally.
The role will require significant virtual/face to face business engagement with insurance brokers facilitating strong and consistent sales growth. Whilst also management of the Individual Direct sales team in Dubai, working closely with the regional marketing team to achieve its targets. The management of the teams will require supporting existing and new sales advisers, leading, and focussing on all aspects of their role including the development of technical, process, product skills, performance management, and their ongoing development of sales soft skills.
- Given the focus this role has upon broker engagement, the ability to establish strong relationships and seek new opportunities is a key success factor in market who have access to our target segment customers
- Achieve all sales, revenue, and profit targets set across the broker and direct sales channels
- Strong quote to sales conversion in the direct channel and achieving an optimal new business portfolio
- To report and manage clear & accurate pipeline data and forecasting
- To consistently deliver a strong sales presentation deck and narrative to brokers that are aligned to our global strategy
- To build strong robust broker development plans and identify commercial opportunity, and preferred provider agreements for the business
- To support the broker sales team in securing and retaining business – through tender management, presentation and negotiation
- To work extensively with colleagues to leverage internal opportunities
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of the Middle East and/or global healthcare sector is desirable, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Experience of developing robust and successful relationships is key
- A dynamic, credible and articulate presenter
- Emirati national preferred
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries
- Experience of legal and regulatory frameworks as well as the management of third parties.
- Good understanding of the business development process and the interdependencies of pricing, underwriting, risk management, marketing, distribution, product development, systems, legal and operational aspects of running a medical insurance business.
- Experience in negotiating and managing high value contracts with external and internal partners
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.