SME Client Manager
The SME Client Manager will report to the Head of Client Management with the primary goal of establishing strong client relationships, build mutually beneficial business relationships to ensure continued growth for Global SME and Corporate Sales.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within a portfolio, ensuring win / win relationships and requirements of clients are delivered within Bupa Global’s operational capacity and risk appetite.
- Remain up to date with Bupa Global’s propositions to be able to provide advice on the most appropriate cover options for clients, including strong relationships with pricing and marketing.
- Proactively identify additional support required to deliver SME and corporate client requirements and opportunities to delight.
- Develop collective agreement with stakeholders across the business to ensure continuous superior service offering for corporate clients.
- Ensure all business and personal targets and objectives set and agreed with Head of Client Management are met.
- Manage SME and corporate client account plans and provide advice to clients on their benefits, annual claims spend, market and regulation changes.
- Monitor and prepare client account performance and sales material to high quality and senior stakeholder standards.
- Represent Bupa Global as a professional organisation through superior preparation and planning prior to engaging with clients and ensuring appropriate after-sales service and support.
- Maintain an awareness of trends and developments that may impact Bupa’s ability to service SME and Corporate partners, including regulatory and other market conditions that may impact Bupa’s approach with SME and Corporate clients.
Support the full BGGC sales function to continually improve sales and retention targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- A background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- An excellent capacity to organise workflows and to work with others where necessary
- Commercial acumen and strong leadership to enable robust proposals to be developed that deliver customer, partner and business value whilst working under pressure in a highly competitive market
- Excellent interpersonal, social, communication and presentation skills are required to build client and broker relationships, with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- An understanding of risk and pricing strategy to ensure that each customer is managed profitably and in line with risk appetite
- Energy, commitment and a positive attitude to achieving results
- Exposure to project work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives
Ability to speak and write fluently in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is essential
About the Company
About The Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.