Risk and Incident Analyst, Bupa Global
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? At Bupa we have a range of roles spread across many areas for you to choose from. All of our professional roles play a key role in delivering on our purpose.
Based in New Cairo, Egypt, the Risk and Incident Analyst for Bupa Global (BG) will support the governance, risk and control framework across the Bupa Global Operations and Health Care Management directorate. The successful job holder will ensure that operational risks impacting the business are correctly identified, measured, mitigated, monitored, and reported in accordance with Bupa’s Enterprise Policies and the Regulated Entities Risk Management Framework. The role-holder will also support the investigation and remediation of risk incidents along with the various 1st- and 2nd-line functions within various business units (BUs).
Closing date for applications is 17th December 2019 and applicants will be contacted following this date.
What's a typical day?
- Supporting the Senior Risk Manager and the BG Operations and Health Care Management directorate in identifying, assessing, and managing the risks impacting the business, including supporting the business functions to maintain their Risk Registers, organising / leading workshops, and conducting ad-hoc ‘deep dive’ risk analysis into specific risks/issues when needed
- Supporting and/or leading on Process Control Walkthroughs and ongoing control testing, understanding and clearly articulating the customer, financial, regulatory, and reputational impact of associated risks
- Supporting in the effective management of risk incidents, ensuring right customer outcomes are achieved; that any remediation actions are agreed with the business owners and tracked until their satisfactory completion; that any issues / delays in the incident remediation are appropriately escalated.
- Working closely with the business and 1st and 2nd line risk and compliance functions to ensure a co-ordinated and cohesive approach to risk supporting delivery of overall business objectives
- Producing regular and ad-hoc risk MI and reports as required; monitoring the trend in the MI and highlight the areas of concern to the business management; contribute to the preparation of monthly risk reports / MI packs
- Supporting risk governance and management forums and providing administrative support for the Senior Risk Manager, including managing team calendar, mailbox, and meetings with the business
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for applicants with a relevant background from a similar industry who are analytical, critical, and thorough in their approach to deliver high-standard analysis to support management decision-making. You will be able to demonstrate methodological, objective and lateral thinking in solving a problem and have fantastic communication skills to explain complex issues in a brief, clear and concise manner. You will be confident working across all levels of the organisation, able to influence and articulate conclusions to senior stakeholders whilst able to work in collaboration with teams such as the frontline business, 2nd-Line Risk internal functions and Internal Audit.
Your experience will mean you are proficient at conducting risk assessments and possess a good understanding of information security and technology risks.
About the Company
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
We have over 1,800 employees across offices in London and Brighton (UK), Ireland (Europe), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as Egypt, Miami, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives, then look no further.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.