Regional Customer Service Advisor
Regional Customer Service Advisor, Bupa Global
Hong Kong office
Full time 45 hours per week
Shifts between the hours of 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 7am to 4pm on weekends and Public Holidays. Weekends and public holidays are worked on rota basis across the team.
Generous shift allowance provided.
The Customer Service Advisor is the face of Bupa Global for our valued customers and partners, ensuring our reputation for outstanding individual service is maintained locally and globally at all times. With quality of service identified as the primary driver of retention this role is crucial to our growth ambitions in the region.
Shift work required, include weekends and public holidays
- To provide excellent customer service by exceeding customer expectations and achieving department service standards for calls predominantly
- To proactively deal with customers in a warm and friendly manner and resolving all queries including pre-authorisation and and complaints, and finding solutions at the first point of contact
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the computer records reflect up to date communications with the members so that enquiries can be dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Take ownership of enquiries and liaise between departments to provide a 'seamless end to end service' to members
- Support for complex case handling i.e. high value claims, extraordinary benefits and complaints handling
- Committed to share knowledge and experience with colleagues to provide training and guidance
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to speak fluent English and Cantonese. English only speaking candidates would also be considered.
- Graduated in upper secondary education supported by further and higher education of minimum 2 years
- IIQE Paper I and II are required. If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months
- PC literate and keyboard skills essential
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative
- Takes an interest in customer needs, always responding professionally and efficiently
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives, and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.