Regional Customer Service Advisor
The Regional Customer Service Advisor is the face of Bupa Global for our valued customers and partners, ensuring our reputation for outstanding individual service is maintained locally and globally at all times. With quality of service identified as the primary driver of retention this role is crucial to our growth ambitions in the region.
- To provide excellent customer service by exceeding customer expectations and achieving department service standards for calls, emails, new business and claims
- To proactively deal with customers in a warm and friendly manner and resolving all queries, and complaints, and finding solutions at the first point of contact
- Be able to understand the customer journey from start to end and know where the different departments/team feed in
- Utilise current technology, including multiple systems, to carry out changes to group secretaries, brokers, partners and members' records where appropriate ensuring that these are accurate at all times
- Take ownership of enquiries and liaise between departments to provide a 'seamless end to end service' to group secretaries, brokers, partners and members.
- Build strong relationships with customers, agents, and groups
- Support for complex case handling i.e. high value claims, extraordinary benefits and complaints handling
- Assist in the development of the regional operating model, being able to adapt to improvements and change
- Participate in projects demanding decision making and high level of responsibility within operations and/or cross-departmental
- Committed to share knowledge and experience with colleagues to provide training and guidance
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduated in upper secondary education supported by further and higher education of minimum 2 years
- IIQE Paper I and II are required. If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Ability to speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin is needed
- Experience of account managing the whole customer lifecycle- being responsible for the entire customer journey and acting as a single point of contact or ‘account manager’
- PC literate and keyboard skills essential with the ability to adapt and learn new operational systems where required
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative
- Takes an interest in customer needs, always responding professionally and efficiently
- Good team player
About the Company
Bupa is a leading international healthcare group that provides health insurance and medical subscription products and runs care homes, retirement villages, hospitals, primary care centres and dental clinics around the world. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have over 22m customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ more than 70,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly in 2013 when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, to improve the health of the world. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa Global is the worldwide Bupa business. We provide products and services in 190 countries for globally minded and mobile people who want the most premium coverage and access to the best healthcare anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad. We have over 1,700 employees working for our circa 2million customers around the world. We have a medical advice line staffed by a team of experienced, multi-lingual advisers to offer our customers support 24 hours a day, every day. We also have an emergency medical team of doctors on hand as an optional benefit to organise emergency assistance and evacuations.
Bupa Global has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami and Philadelphia (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China) as well as in France, Spain, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador and is currently organised around three regional hubs: Bupa Global Business Unit (incorporating Europe, Middle East and Greater China), Bupa Global Latin America and Bupa Global North America.