Regional Customer Service Advisor (Email Handling)
The Regional Customer Service Advisor is the face of Bupa Global for our valued customers and partners, ensuring our reputation for outstanding individual service is maintained locally and globally at all times. With quality of service identified as the primary driver of retention this role is crucial to our growth ambitions in the region.
- Take ownership to manage all regulated emails/webchats activities in timely manner for Bupa Asia Limited (BAL) insured BG customers as per the insurance regulation imposed by Hong Kong Insurance Authority.
- To provide excellent customer service by exceeding customer expectations and achieving global service standards for emails and webchat, support calls when needed.
- Handle pre-authorisation requests and claims queries, and other service queries categorised as regulated activities (under HKIA guidelines) come from email/webchat channel.
- Support for complex case handling i.e. high value claims, extraordinary benefits and complaints handling
- Adopt First Time Resolution approach with comprehensive solution in all service and claims queries. Prevent multiple back and forth email if this can be resolved in the First interaction.
- Excellent execution of service tasks, evaluating a customer’s situation and applying business criteria and detailed knowledge of Bupa products to make appropriate decisions.
- Accurately maintain and update customer records on the customer management system.
- Demonstrate commitment to improve quality of work produced and give suggestions to managers/departments on new ways of exceeding customer needs
- Support colleagues appropriately in a professional manner by assisting, listening and giving constructive feedback to them as and when needed
- Committed to share knowledge and experience with colleagues to provide training and guidance
- Take responsibility for your own development e.g. explore how different learning internal and external opportunities can develop personal skills and depth of knowledge according to agreed development objectives
- Complete all requirements set under the Training and Competency Framework
- Strive for great result in Quality Assurance
The Ideal Candidate
- IIQE Paper I and II are required in order to obtain valid license with Hong Kong Insurance Authority (HKIA). If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months.
- Complete the required CPD hours recognised by HKIA in order to maintain a valid individual insurance agent license with HKIA.
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills and knowledge. A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Proficiency in Written English is a must.
- Fluent level of spoken English and Cantonese.
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.