Regional Customer Service Advisor - 12 month contract
The Regional Customer Service Advisor is the face of Bupa Global for our valued customers and partners, ensuring our reputation for outstanding individual service is maintained locally and globally at all times. With quality of service identified as the primary driver of retention this role is crucial to our growth ambitions in the region.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
- To provide excellent customer service by exceeding customer expectations and achieving department service standards for calls, emails, new business and claims
- To proactively deal with customers in a warm and friendly manner and resolving all queries, and complaints, and finding solutions at the first point of contact
- Be able to understand the customer journey from start to end and know where the different departments/team feed in
- Utilise current technology, including multiple systems, to carry out changes to group secretaries, brokers, partners and members' records where appropriate ensuring that these are accurate at all times
- Take ownership of enquiries and liaise between departments to provide a 'seamless end to end service' to group secretaries, brokers, partners and members.
- Build strong relationships with customers, agents, and groups
- Support for complex case handling i.e. high value claims, extraordinary benefits and complaints handling
- Assist in the development of the regional operating model, being able to adapt to improvements and change
- Participate in projects demanding decision making and high level of responsibility within operations and/or cross-departmental
- Committed to share knowledge and experience with colleagues to provide training and guidance
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduated in upper secondary education supported by further and higher education of minimum 2 years
- IIQE Paper I and II are required. If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Ability to speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin is needed
- Experience of account managing the whole customer lifecycle- being responsible for the entire customer journey and acting as a single point of contact or ‘account manager’
- PC literate and keyboard skills essential with the ability to adapt and learn new operational systems where required
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative
- Takes an interest in customer needs, always responding professionally and efficiently
- Good team player
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.