To provide excellent service to members, groups, intermediaries and providers reflecting agreed business service standards for all queries and complaints received by telephone, letter, email or fax. These can come from Bupa International Members, Partners, Group Secretaries and Providers.
- Represents Company’s image as the first contact for visitors.
- General reception Duties.
- Answering calls in a professional manner to ensure a high level of customer service at all times.
- Directing callers to appropriate parties and welcoming guests.
- Ensuring that the reception area is kept in a neat and tidy order.
- Sorting and distributing mails and faxes to appropriate departments.
- Review and update the stationary orders.
- Assist walk in members with completing applications or reviewing their claims upon receipt.
- Keeping a record of all the documents received at the reception
- Receive contact details for potential members and accordingly send through to the Sales Department.
- Ensure that the team objectives are met through out the year
- To provide feedback and recommendations for business improvements on processes and procedures
- Protect customers’ confidential data by adhering to the relevant compliance procedures and processes through masking all received credit card details
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a similar team environment
- Experience in building a good inter-departmental knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal well with people from various different backgrounds/cultures
- Experience of working with intermediaries in any industry desirable but not essential
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them
- Excellent decision making skills
- The job-holder should have experience of working in a highly pressurised office environment
- The job holder must be open to change and have a flexible approach to work
- To have a good geographical and cultural knowledge and appreciation of differing time zone
- Very presentable
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Excellent command of English
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.