Project Analyst (fixed term contract), Bupa Global
This role will initially run until the end of 2020
- Help define and iterate the target operating model (TOM) across the dimensions of processes, people and systems
- Ensure business requirements/user stories are captured and understood and are aligned with business strategy
- Be able to use a variety of techniques (e.g. workshops) to understand, document and confirm the ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ business processes (using BPMN), and to elicit and elaborate business requirements
- Ensure business process metrics/business outcomes are understood, and that the ‘to-be’ state will enable those metrics/business outcomes
- Where necessary, act as a proxy Product Owner when working on initiatives using Agile(Scrum), and be able to create a product backlog (Epics, Features, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria)
- Ensure non-functional requirements are captured
- Support the definition of solution options that align with technology strategy and satisfy the business requirements
- Support the effective delivery of programmes and projects to provide optimal outcomes and enable the organisation to deliver its strategy.
- Support business readiness activity associated with projects to ensure the change is adopted and embedded in business as usual.
- Provide and encourage innovation within the Business Analysis team and IT and Change organisation.
- Promote a customer centric culture through managing change, partners, processes and empowering team to do what is best for the internal and external customer.
- Establish and maintain strong, effective and trusted relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Comply with and take into account any requirements from the regulators and/or any applicable local regulatory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- A thorough understanding of Project Management and the Project Management lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Drive to chase progress on tasks and actions
- Attention to detail, with excellent grammatical/presentation skills
- A team player with good verbal and written communications skills, able to work on own initiative
- Experience of working in a large organisation, Insurance based an advantage but not essential
- Previous significant exposure to GDPR and privacy projects an advantage
- Previous significant exposure in a regulated/compliance led environment an advantage
- Able to be put in a position of trust (as will have access to sensitive financial data)
- Strong Organisational skills
- Strong Document management skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Degree level education or equivalent in a (preferred) numerate subject
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.