Product Specialist - Latin America and Caribbean
The Product Specialist will support the Head of Product Development in a cross-functional role, working with the other members of the department as well as other areas of the organization on effective and efficiently implementing the different insurance products and services managed by the organization. The Product Specialist will be responsible for implementing the different features needed for a successful management of new and existing products, with focus on product literature, collateral marketing material and as well as managing the interdependencies with communications, operations, legal, IT, sales, graphic design, printing, etc.
- Write, edit, translate, proofread, and update the content for product materials related but not limited to new and existing products, advertising, promotional, and sales support: membership guides, company profiles, policy brochures, benefit guides, corporate brochures, strategic documents, forms, questionnaires, and other related documents.
- Coordinate with other areas (Legal, compliance, finance, sales, operations, etc.) to identify, the proper wording and description of product benefits and rules to maximizes the profitability of the products.
- Identify and communicate any inconsistency or errors in the delivery of printed materials to the sales force, as reported by printer.
- Manage the relationship with internal and external graphic designers to ensure proper branding and response to business needs.
- Manage the day to day relationship with external parties related to the product management function in Mexico as well as in the other relevant subsidiaries in Latin America.
- Be the marketing liaison with compliance and legal – Compliance ambassador.
- Train, lead and coach new employees to ensure compliance with objectives, rules and procedures.
- Support the activities related to implementation of new initiatives and projects.
- Support the activities related to implementation of new product and services.
- Provide support to activities related to project management, process design and new technology implementation for product management.
- Provide support to activities related to product reengineering and training.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3 years’ experience writing and reviewing materials and policy conditions of health insurance products.
- Knowledge of the following areas: health insurance, medical, insurance benefits, policy conditions, language (English/Spanish) translations.
- Knowledge of PPCA law and its repercussions on International Private Medical Insurance products.
- Ability to work with document management systems.
- Bilingual English and Spanish with ability to write effectively, proofread, and translate material flawlessly into both languages. Portuguese is a plus