Privacy Advisor - Bupa Egypt Insurance
Privacy is a critical and increasingly high profile issue in the highly- regulated insurance, health and care environment. We have a need for a key contributor in achieving outstanding performance and outcomes in the Bupa Global Legal team in Cairo, including:
- the implementation and delivery of effective Privacy and Data Protection policy and procedures across the territories in Bupa Global;
- providing excellent legal advice and assistance to the Bupa Global function, in particular to provide specialist advice to Bupa Global on Privacy and Data Protection matters; and
- supporting in the management of appropriate, value for money, external legal advice and support to the Bupa Global functions.
The Bupa Global Legal team provides a comprehensive range of legal services in the areas of insurance services and administration, IT, data protection, intellectual property, employment and commercial law. We advise on the provision of insurance services globally, negotiate agreements with brokers, third party service providers, create and implement policies and procedures, and mitigate risk issues. The team works closely with Customer Services, Risk, Information Technology and HR to advise on implementing and embedding the Privacy and Data Protection policies and procedures.
The team works on a number of exciting and innovative projects and are therefore expected to have excellent legal, commercial and people skills, and to operate as leaders within the business going well beyond the traditional confines of legal advice.
The Privacy Advisor will offer strong experience in privacy and data protection.
- Advising the business on data protection restrictions and best practices.
- Assisting the business in understanding the commercial implications of changes in privacy law.
- Providing advice and appropriate solutions on a range of risk and compliance issues.
- Working as required alongside the Risk, Information Technology and People teams to assess, evaluate, implement and embed Privacy and Data Protection policies and procedures.
- Support the business on privacy and related issues including reviewing proposals and providing recommendations, guidelines and advice on relevant data protection laws and appropriate privacy approaches.
- Work with management, Risk and Compliance and Internal Audit teams to assist with the maintenance of appropriate oversight and assurance of privacy and data protection risks.
- Support with the performance of periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with risk, compliance and internal audit functions. Subsequently support with the provision of reports, insights and management information to enable continued performance improvement and increased capability.
- Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster privacy awareness within the organisation.
- Developing guidelines and templates.
- Providing training to the legal team and the business.
- Managing external legal resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organisational adaptation and compliance.
The Privacy Advisor will support the team in delivery of their projects and have ownership of smaller project items. They will have a lot of contact with the rest of the team. The role requires working closely with people from other legal and commercial teams within the business
The Ideal Candidate
- This role requires knowledge and experience on privacy and data protection issues impacting the insurance, health and care industry. The right candidate will be able to draw on a foundation of regulatory and privacy knowledge, augmented by the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a regulated Insurance environment preferred
- Strong local market knowledge
- Professional, pragmatic and flexible
- Ability to work in a small team and influence business colleagues
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and simply to an audience with different skills and levels of understanding
- Ability to manage a challenging workload
- Experience of operating in a complex operating environment with multiple competing demands.
- Global awareness and strong customer orientation
- Team player who is able to work effectively across different and diverse teams
- Demonstrated drive for results ability to deal with conflict, self-starting attributes
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.