The Planning team is an integral part of Customer Service across our Global portfolio, supporting the function to maintain high quality KPIs and performance standards within budgetary limits.
The Resource Planning Analyst is accountable for ensuring the right resources are planned across all customer facing departments in order to consistently meet customer service targets. The holder will monitor current performance, carry out analysis of historic data, calculate effects of strategic or procedural changes, forecast work volumes, recommend staffing needs, identify opportunities to maximise use of resource, provide justification for budget alterations and supply operational performance data.
The role holder will be the SME for resource planning, longer term planning and planning issues.
- Leading long term resource planning for the Directorate (up to 12 months ahead and longer), providing a key input to the annual budgeting process.
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis happens of previous performance data relating to work volumes, productivity levels, staffing availability, and seasonal variances to facilitate informed future forecasting.
- Liaise appropriately with Sales, Finance and Marketing to identify predicted registration movements between existing schemes and introduction of new schemes and alteration to member’s terms and conditions that will have implications on Service provision.
- Accountable for the production of accurate daily, weekly and monthly forecasting and resourcing reporting.
- Carry out hands on ad-hoc analysis for management use.
- Support the wider Operational Excellence team with their daily/weekly/monthly report production cycle.
- Provide support, guidance and technical expertise to the Head of Customer Service, the Real Time Focus Desk and Service Managers on specific planning issues.
- Be the SME for all Planning matters.
- Handling adhoc requests for FTE impacts with regards to change.
- Running the annual planning process for resources to feed into the Customer Service Directorate budget process starting each July – including data gathering, identifying drivers, forecasting, model building, stake holder engagement & management, Senior Manager / Finance model sign off, tracking monthly, twice yearly reforecast.
- Preparing MI for submission into various Governance packs
- Monthly stakeholder performance meetings.
- Ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements and understand how regulatory requirements impact the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in carrying out detailed data analysis and MI reporting in a customer facing commercial environment.
- Experience in multi-channel forecasting.
- Understanding of workforce management systems such as NICE IEX.
- Ability to build and schedule rota’s based on contact demand along with good stake holder management skills and data presentation.
- Deep experience and knowledge of using a range of systems to gather and report on information, with strong preference for the following:
- Excel – Expert
- MS Word / PowerPoint / Outlook - Intermediate Access/VBA – Intermediate SQL / T-SQL - preferred Tableau (or other BI Tools) – preferred
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of resource planning methodologies and service level dynamics in a service environment
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and externally at all levels.
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Strong analytical and numeric skills
- Able to disseminate large amounts of information and provide clear and commercially sound recommendations to managers. Proven ability to influence operational managers to implement change
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.