PC Technician 1
Provide technical assistance and support to end users in Bupa, for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person, over the phone or incidents ticketing web portal.
Maintain daily performance of computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, solve technical and applications problems, upgrade hardware/software to minimize downtime and comply with local and enterprise Information Security policies.
Creates, modifies and manages system access for users, including Agents and Policy holders.
- Provides technical support to users located in Miami and in the Latin America Region regarding hardware, software, and network related problems
- Installs and configures Voice over IP phones and installs/tests network components.
- Provides specialized user support services including the timely diagnosis and resolution of problems and malfunctions in computer applications.
- Follows the scripts provided by the Help Desk Coordinator for the resolution of common or known incidents within the allotted time (SLA); immediately notifies Help Desk Coordinator/Leader to have the scripts updated or created as needed
- Researches and evaluates computer and network software and hardware to determine their utility.
- Creates, modifies and manages systems access to Emails accounts, Imaging application, Core Business applications, and other systems, strictly as per Access Forms, scripts and predefined user profiles
- Installs, maintains, and repairs Local Area Networks, repairs computer equipment (PCs, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Assists in optimizing computer and network performance.
- Provides after-hours support according with on-call schedule defined by Help Desk Coordinator
- Identifies problem sources to resolve hardware and software failures and malfunctions.
- Configure security options and software in endpoint devices for users to maintain privacy and protection according to Information Security policies
- Strictly follows all Bupa IT policies regarding user access controls and procedures.
- Performs setup and installation of computers, networks, peripherals, and software for users.
- Supports Videoconferencing, Teleconference and Collaboration technologies.
- Works cooperatively with other department staff in assisting and resolving user technical problems.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with all contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Keep records to control endpoint devices inventory.
- Participates in training and retraining of users as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Team Leader or IT Director.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4 years college degree required preferably in Computer Sciences and 2-4 years of experience related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within IT.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies like Windows Server 2012, 2016, Windows10, Office365, Active Directory.
- Understand Virtual Desktops and Applications environments like Citrix.
- Knowledge of Call Manager, Call Centres.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Bilingual English/Spanish, read and write.