Office Manager (Emirati national preferred)
We are looking for an Office Manager & HR Support for our Bupa Global Middle East office based in UAE. This role will busy and demanding role which will leverage experience (within UAE) from previous personal assistance or senior administrative perspective. This role will support multiple stakeholder and will have three distinct elements to it which will need equal support.
- PA support to UAE Country Head
- HR Support to our People Consultant
- Day to day office coordination responsibilities
Personal Assistant ( UAE Country Head)
- Diary and effective ‘gatekeeper’ management for UAE Country Head’s diary ensuring the most effective use of Country Heads time.
- Ensure pre meeting materials are made available when
- Supports the Country Head to prioritise workloads and diary commitments
- Carry out meeting related activities such as take actions, issue minutes and follow up actions with responsible person within agreed timescale
- Organise documentation for meetings/teleconferences including agendas, minute preparation & distribution
- Preparation of packs in readiness for meetings, drafting presentations, preparing reports and documentation etc
- Coordinating functions, managing logistics (meeting room/venue bookings)
- Travel arrangements /expenses
- To screen incoming calls, gauging their importance and whenever appropriate dealing with enquiries with tact and diplomacy
- To draft routine correspondence, type documentation to a high standard, and produce legal documentation and reports, including the use of competent computer skills to produce letters, reports, presentations and other documentation as required
- To ensure all correspondence is dealt with swiftly and to deadlines and to prepare replies on various matters on a daily basis by letter to external contacts or by memos/e-mails to internal colleagues
- Organisation of the security arrangements of the premises including ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems, that there is an appropriate system of key holding management, that periodic reviews off site security are conducted and that appropriate progress is followed through.
- To issue and monitor the use of security cards and keys
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness are high, and that the cleaning contract is value for money.
- To draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for cleaning staff, premises and grounds maintenance staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all school buildings and premises.
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implied and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies and equipment and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard. Will link in with the UK H&S Manager as required
- In co-operation with the Fire Service, to be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all firefighting and fire alarm systems. To ensure the maintenance and periodic checking of fire and other safety equipment by specialist contractor. To undertake the operation and periodic checking of the fire alarm system and equipment as detailed in the Fire Safety log book. To initiate and record regular fire drills
- To be responsible for the ordering and checking of invoices, monitoring of budgets and keeping stock records of all equipment and tools within the postholders’ sphere of responsibility.
- organising company events or conferences, ordering stationery and furniture
- supervising and monitoring the work of housekeeping & administrative staff
- managing office budgets, liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
HR administrative support (supporting People Consultant)
- Assist with the creation of employment documents
- Assist with the administration and organisation for starters and leavers
- Updating policy documents under the guidance of the HR Consultant
- Assist with Visa administration under the guidance of the HR Consultant
- Supporting with employee queries
- Co-ordination of all employment administration
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree educated would be preferable
- Emirati National may be preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to produce high quality and professional documents
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at senior level with professionalism and to act as an ambassador for the BU and MU businesses
- Prior experience of office co-ordination
- Excellent attention to detail secretarial, administration and organizational skills with fast and accurate audio typing skills (minimum 70-75wpm)
- Experience in working as a legal secretary in private practice or equivalent in-house team is desirable
- Ability to operate in an unstructured and fluid environment
- Multiple stakeholder management with the ability to effectively prioritise time and deliver
- A global mindset and customer orientation
- Tenaciousness and determination, particularly in resolving problems and challenges
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is Longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.