Marketing Manager - 6 months fixed term contract
The purpose of the Marketing Manager is to co-ordinate all marketing activity across the Bupa Global APAC region with focus in Mainland China. This includes direct and indirect integrated marketing & communications programmes to maximise profitable top line growth.
Please note this is a 6 months fixed term contract initially, but with possible extension.
- Develop, manage and implement integrated marketing & PR campaigns for China, with focus on PR/ social media management, event management.
- Work with Global team in UK and Regional team in China and external advertising and PR agency for online and offline marketing / PR communications or promotions executions and Co-ordinations
- Ensure all marketing literatures are effectively produced through close liaison with key internal stakeholders as well as external business partners
- Manage agencies to develop customer engagement/ retention and content marketing solutions, e.g. social media program via Wechat / Weibo/ Zihu
- Support the marketing team on reporting and budget management.
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree holder majoring in Marketing, Communications or Business preferred
- High standard of written and spoken Mandarin, and good command of written and spoken English with proven copy writing experience is an advantage.
- Advanced PC skills, including Acrobat, Excel, Word and PowerPoint – essential.
- Prior working experience in marketing, advertising or PR and communications; managing media and web agency. With good network for local marketing support.
- 5+ years of marketing working experience in financial industry/ insurance company with mainland China background a must, international firm experience a plus;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese is required.
- Able to implement marketing campaigns end to end with experience specialised on PR/Advertising experience in social media platform, e.g. WeChat a definite advantage.
- Able to work independently on marketing program execution, evaluations and budget monitoring; as well as support to wider team.
- Good team player who believes in sharing skills and knowledge, to ensure success for all
- Able to handle product materials & literature update, detailed, highly accurate at their job deliverable is important to this role.
- Occasional travel (around once per 2-3 month the most) within China may be required.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.