Market Development Consultant - Medical Insurance
The Market Development Consultant position is a key role operating in Middle East markets outside of UAE, such as Bahrain, Jordan and Qatar; with responsibility for strengthening relationships amongst top tier brokers and partners operating in the Individual health plans sector.
The role will require significant face to face business engagement with top producing IPMI brokers and partners. You'll be the day to day face of Bupa Global to the panel of brokers and partners
The role is pivotal in developing relationships and support Bupa Global’s Insurance Partners and brokers in these key markets to formalize new commercial opportunities, gathering robust broker data to assist in future planning cycles; as well as gathering competitor and market insight.
- Formalise all aspects of new business brought on through brokers and distribution development in close coordination with the Insurance Partners;
- Build strong, effective long-term relationships with decision makers within each intermediary;
- Build and deliver on current and new intermediary relationships;
- Identify those opportunities that can be developed and draw up a strategic plan which seeks to identify strategic partner and distribution potential, not only in terms of potential for expansion and growth for International business, but for the whole Bupa Group;
- Pro-active in management to ensure communication with all parts of the business, specifically Pricing and Marketing to ensure partner and broker feedback on client needs are recognised
- Represent Bupa Global as a thoroughly professional organisation by good preparation and planning prior to calls;
- Prepare and present appropriate material often to the highest level of the company using full graphic capabilities, and aids. For the purposes of clarity, this role must not provide advice to consumers, and is not involved in insurance intermediation or sales.
- Support partner and broker discussions with third parties relating to both existing and potential new business;
- comply with and consider any requirements from the local regulations
The Ideal Candidate
- Global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management including engagement at Senior/Board member level;
- Bilingual Arabic and English essential
- Demonstrated track record in the intermediary and partner arena with working relationships with intermediaries or third-party distribution channels
- Have working knowledge of sector competitor products, business/commercial acumen on pricing/contract issues within the marketplace;
- Proven background in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners;
- Experience of working in-region and dealing with foreign cultures is important, and capable to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships;
- Have exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Able to work independently as well as to contribute to the team;
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.