Legal Advisor - BEI
Assist and advice for the legal affairs and legal risk management across all matters. within Bupa Egypt Insurance (BEI) & Bupa Global (BG)
- Conduct legal research on different array of legal issues relevant to business.
- To assist in drafting and reviewing contracts under Manager’s supervision.
- All accountabilities to be carried out in line with the BG Legal framework and direction of the Legal Manager.
- Accountable for advising on legal affairs and legal risk management within the legal risk management framework set by the Legal Manager.
- Assisting the Legal Manager with developing know-how, templates, legal training and education for the global legal team and business partners.
- Supports the Legal Manager in undertaking long term planning for management of the legal affairs.
- Supports the Legal Manager in managing day to day matters affecting the BEI businesses.
- Works with business partners to ensure that a positive legal risk and governance culture is embedded
- Protects Bupa’s brand and intellectual property
- Ensures high standards of corporate governance to meet executive and statutory obligations, including reporting obligations to and BEI.
- Supports Legal Manager with Companies Secretarial work including drafting shareholders meetings (prepare invitations, minutes, proxies, etc) in dual language. Board of Directors’ meeting resolutions, preparing committee and board meeting packs, drafting and tracking action logs.
- Liaising with Auditor, GAFI, FRA and other government authorities as required.
- Liaise with external legal counsel as required.
- Assist in legal translation for bilingual documents, if required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience risk in a regulated financial services environment, ideally with experience of dealing with multiple regulatory frameworks in different jurisdictions
- Experience of making risk-based decisions in a complex operating environment with multiple competing demands
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and to ensure that legal risks are managed efficiently, effectively and consistently.
- Strong and demonstrable ability to influence across a matrix environment where collaboration is a crucial skill.
The candidate must hold degree in Law from a recognised university, member of the Egyptian Bar Association and has from 3 to 6 years of experience within renowned law firm or an in-house team supporting regulated insurance or financial services businesses. Master’s degree is a plus.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.