Intermediary Sales Advisor
As the Intermediary Sales Advisor you will proactively handle a portfolio of top tier and developing brokers. You will grow our business in line with agreed targets and deliver these targets with the highest level of customer care. Through regular and positive contact ,you will identify opportunities to expand and retain your portfolio. You will build strong relationships with your portfolio by delivering exceptional service. And you will be supporting the brokers in all issues that needs escalation to internal stakeholders, as you will be liaising and facilitating to ensure effective handling of all issues and referred cases . This is a targeted environment and you will be incentivised based on the growth and retention of your portfolio to ensure all sales targets are achieved
You should be a champion of change through initiating and driving continuous improvements within the Team that improve the broker journey within Bupa Global
- Build profitable relationships with brokers by delivering the highest standard of customer service with an emphasis on proactively seeking opportunities for winning new business and increasing the retention rate of portfolio.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the portfolio assigned to you, including pricing discussion and all sales needs, negotiating these through outbound and inbound contact.
- Develop a strong business relationship with your portfolio and keep the customer informed at all times.
- Deliver the highest level of customer care to include taking ownership of day-to-day sales and service queries, liaising with the appropriate areas of the business to resolve and, if appropriate, communicate back to third parties.
- Work closely with your colleagues to support and help resolve complex queries in order to find a resolution for the customer.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset and work with your colleagues to identify improvements and transform great ideas into tangible implementation steps to drive the business forward.
- Handle inbound telephone sales calls and emails from brokers, and resolve all their queries effectively in a timely manner .
- Make proactive outbound calls to brokers to enhance generating sales opportunities to further increase the potential of conversion and sales.
- Having identified a sales opportunity, ensure that Sales opportunities are created and continually updated on the relevant sales softwares and quoting systems with the required information to enable accuracy , quality and tracking of data.
- Provide ongoing reporting with new business and retention performance versus the agreed targets.
- Through outbound calls ensure that all quotes/leads are secured by regular follow-up calls and record the reasoning explaining each outcome to be used for future business analysis.
- Follow all call procedures and ensure standards of performance are met.
- Manage all tasks alongside phone calls through effective time management, planning and prioritising workloads to maintain an effective and functional service level.
- Competently deal with all types of complaints and escalate when necessary.
- Handle all types of communications that need to be sent to brokers.
- Ensure that we proactively educate and develop our brokers on products and procedures through clear and consistent communication, by identifying broker training needs and solutions.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity, products and trends, sharing all new information with colleagues and use this information during negotiations to secure and maintain profitable business.
- Assist with client visits and deliver training support for the broker network whether in house or off- site, e.g. for sales pitches.
- Keep updated on marketing campaigns and communications within your region and share knowledge of this across the team.
- Maintain the highest quality and service standards at all times in line with criteria set by the Management Team, FRA and Compliance.
- Constantly analyse, improve and develop performance against set objectives through training, self-analysis and coaching sessions on a monthly basis and actively participate in workshops to maximise knowledge and ability putting new skills into practice.
- Build professional and lasting relationships with team colleagues and other departments within the Bupa Group, maintaining open communication channels to promote the Intermediary Sales Team in a positive light and constantly look for opportunities to maximise and share growth opportunities across other areas of Bupa.
- Be a champion of change and display a positive attitude at all times towards colleagues and tasks performed.
- Comply with and abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act and those of the FOS and FCA and FRA at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- To ideally have sales experience within a similar market, preferably in an international arena. Knowledge of both new business and retention processes are essential
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent written communication, a high level of assertiveness and an excellent telephone manner
- Self-motivated, articulate and numerate
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organisation – both within Bupa Global and externally
- Ideally to have some experience of the healthcare market
- Excellent PC skills are essential including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Excellent negotiating skills essential
- Ability to deal with people of different cultures, understand types of audience and present accordingly
- Previous customer service experience is an advantage
- Experience of managing a portfolio and face-to-face contact with customers is desirable
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Capable of working on own initiative under pressure or heavy workloads incorporating flexible hours when circumstances arise
- A polite and professional telephone manner, possess excellent customer service skills and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own or within a team and promote a positive attitude at all times
- Experience of working in a highly pressurised office environment
- The jobholder must be able to understand and assess the risk presented by a customer’s loss ratio and ensure that terms are offered on a profitable basis.
- They should be able to constructively review and analyse their own performance in order to develop in their role.
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.