Infrastructure Specialist, Bupa Global
This specialist role will be managing and supporting Bupa Global privileged access management based in our office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The role will be responsible for managing and auditing privileged application and administrative accounts in our computer systems, meeting regulatory requirements and security standards. The role also requires providing a professional internal customer focused service, supporting standardised global processes and IT best practices for security, maintenance and run of systems.
- Administer the environment ensuring that new accounts managed by the product are set up and then controlled in accordance with documented security standards
- Maintain the platform environment, pro-actively check on its health, troubleshoot failed accounts, assist with applying patches and keeping the environment securely configured
- Be the point of contact for teams using our platform. Provide troubleshooting expertise and advice for people having issues and identify gaps in documentation, process or controls that are hindering people’s adoption of the product
- Understand new user requirements and work out best access management solution
- Manage the teams ServiceNow incident queue, providing technical support to resolve issues.
- Fulfil approved privileged access requests ensuring an audit log of approval is maintained
- Maintain production runbooks, identify issues and create enhancements where needed
- Log requests with the vendor when third party assistance is needed
- Collaborate with the Bupa UK in supporting the environment, including upgrades, patching automation changes and disaster recovery tests
- Build new and rebuild existing servers, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. to ensure the required security standards
- Represent the infrastructure team in technical, security and business projects, with responsibility for delivering solutions to agreed quality and security standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Privileged access management administration experience
- PowerShell experience
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory & Microsoft server
- Ideally experience with Microsoft Azure, cloud technologies usage and deployment
- Certification in Microsoft server, VMware operating systems or equivalent is desirable
- Subject matter expert in Backend Infrastructure
- Experience working with ITIL or similar processes in a regulated environment
- Ability to think strategically, develop plans, coordinate and execute
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of technologies
- Results driven and collaborative
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.