Infrastructure & Security Senior Engineer
The Infrastructure & Security Senior Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to infrastructure using the best information security practices. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and information security, building the roadmap and strategy for Infrastructure on premise, cloud and datacenter, delivering solutions at minimal costs by introducing advanced technologies to increase reliability, performance, resilience and modernize system operations.
Personal self-development is important to identify new technologies and opportunities to grow and help improve Bupa business.
This role is part of the senior level of the Infrastructure Team, leadership capability, people insight and motivational skills are important, Background in Projects Management framework is key, this person will lead, participate, and assist technical projects in the research, initiation, planning, and execution phases following Project Management Methodology, ensures that systems hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure, provides a smooth service transition to production environment when projects are completed as design, these activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Capacity to react and solve Business as Usual (BAU) activities and keep trace and plan for Projects related tasks. Customer Service approach inside the organization is really important to keep other Business areas and teams highly satisfied with IT deliveries.
Beside the production environment for Business Operation, the Infrastructure Senior Engineer will ensure the DevOps team will be provided with reliable development, testing and user acceptance environments.
Wide knowledge of HIPPA and PCI to understand how to handle our customers health and payments information in a highly protected and secured way.
This position will be helping to shape and lead the data protection (DP) capability and systems resilience. Exploring the impact of new technologies and capabilities, deploying, customizing, and integrating them with existing products to improve business operations, reduce security risks, and meet regulatory requirements, implementing enterprise-level data protection solutions.
- Enterprise Messaging Tools, Physical and Virtual Servers and Storage environment, Cloud Integration, Office365 Administration, Business Continuity IT infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include System Engineering, administration, provisioning, operations support, maintenance, and research/development to ensure continual innovation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Implements and updates Emails gateway and protection, spam filters.
- Planning installation of new software releases, system upgrades and patches, resolution of software or hardware related problems in Infrastructure. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Ensure OS patches and upgrades are following Bupa Software Updates Policy.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Engage, coordinate and communicate with third parties maintenance and support teams.
- Configure systems monitoring, setting proper threshold alerts, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, network, firewalls, load balancer, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, implement any mitigation action required for systems availability.
- Planning, configuration, management and support systems to control network traffic north-south and east west, ensuring controls and monitoring for network access control, lateral movement are in place and properly maintained. Ensure edge firewall, email gateway and load balancer are working properly.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Ensure all voice solutions are properly working with the best economic and technical approach to build solutions. Ensure IVRs to the Contact Center are properly design and callflows are working accordingly.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- To maintain governance and control requirements, ensuring all internal governance requirements are met, including full compliance with all policies, audit actions, monitoring actions and risk appetite
- Enforce and ensure all IT policies and procedures are acting on place according to IT Security and Compliance policies.
- Maintains and safeguard company’s servers and network infrastructure LAN and WAN.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all critical file systems and system data are successfully backed up following the Data Retention Policy and HIPPA Compliance.
- Ensure file archival and purge policy and procedure is on place working to get an efficient use of Infrastructure Servers and Storage resources.
- Administrate and control all GPO policies in place into Bupa Global domains.
- Maintain datacentre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Maintains up to date all systems documentation and procedures for current and new implementations.
- Mitigate all security vulnerabilities as they are discovered or reported.
- Participates in Business Continuity plan as needed
- Will act as 3rd Line Support for Service Desk team. On-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests according to SLAs
The Ideal Candidate
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7 or more years’ experience in the Infrastructure Administration.
- Subject matter expert in Back-end Infrastructure Services (Microsoft: AD, DNS, DHCP, Clustering, Print & File, Messaging; MS Azure, Office365, Linux, Vmware computing, Network & Servers monitoring etc.)
- 7 or more years’ experience managing Voice, Network and Firewalls
- Change management wide knowledge.
- Incident management wide knowledge.
- Extensive IT Security experience.
- Business continuity and Disaster Recovery Experience.
- Project Management process and methodology knowledge.
- Bilingual as will need to interact with employees and providers in Latin America