Infosec Monitoring Analyst
The Infosec Monitoring Analyst must make systems and technology more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, securing highly sensitive data, enforcing security best practices around OS hardening, access logging, and patching.
The Infosec Monitoring Analyst must be able to identify and evaluate systems security requirements, implementing and monitoring adequate security and protection of our sensitive PII data of our systems, apps, cloud and on premise infrastructure, per our information security policy and ensuring comply with legal or regulatory standards like HIPPA.
- Responsible to manage and monitor security across users identities, data, devices, apps, and infrastructure.
- Engineering, planning, implementing and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. Including sensitivity and retention labels and policies, data loss prevention (DLP), data governance, eDiscovery, data subject requests (DSRs), case management, and Cloud App Security.
- Propose improvements to configure and maintain software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect Bupa’ sensitive information
- Responsible to conducts periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability. Also must conduct penetration testing, in which they simulate an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- Responsible to investigate Security Breaches, leads incident response activities to minimize the impact. Afterwards, lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. Must collaborate to prepare reports of their findings to be reported to management.
- Will help identify security gaps and drive remediation activities to close those gaps.
- Support the plan and implementation for OS hardening, for physical and virtual servers, end-users devices like desktop, laptops, tablets and mobiles.
- Ensure the local IT strategy for Business Continuity, Data Protection and recovery, also is in compliance with legal or regulatory regulations.
- Must ensure all Information Security tools and systems are working correctly to Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover in case of an incident. Including Network Access Control, Data Governance and Risks mitigation, Identity and Access Management, Privileged
- Access Management, Vulnerabilities Management and Remediation, end users devices management and including Mobile Devices, data encryption, among others.
- Monitor Technology KPIs dashboards to ensure availability and compliance for critical IT services.
- Collaborate to maintain governance and control requirements, ensuring all internal governance requirements are met, including full compliance with all policies, audit actions, monitoring actions and risk appetite.
The Ideal Candidate
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3-5 years Experience monitoring and designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- 3-5 years Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Working knowledge of incident response, threat modeling, and mitigation
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Experience designing and implementing access control models for privileged access
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Working knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO27001 and NIST
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- strong multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail, well organized and thrive in fast-paced, high-stress scenarios.