Risk Incident Manager - Operational Risk
The purpose of the role is to manage the review of new operational risk (Non IT) incident records across the BGAIM region and oversee the management of the records through to completion. The role is fundamental to assuring BGAIM has an appropriate and effective Incident management process.
The role supports key leadership, the BGAIM Head of Risk and BGAIM General Manager to ensure proactive and robust support and challenge of the resolution of observed control failures.
- Lead the triage and record management of all regionally assigned Incident records, ensuring that each record has been appropriately reviewed and triaged and that assigned actions are deemed appropriate to sufficiently mitigate the identified root cause and possibility of reoccurrence.
- Develop strong, open and trusted relationships with key stakeholders to analyse the root cause of incidents and consider appropriate strategies to address identified systemic risk themes.
- Maintain an ongoing watch over all incidents to ensure appropriate and timely action is taken to address identified control improvements
- Take the lead on cross referencing identified control gaps against control owner’s self-assessment assertions made in risk registers to validate the accuracy of risk registers
- Assist the local Head of Risk in preparing ad-hoc and regular governance committee analysis and reporting of Incident data, ensuring data is accurate, complete and appropriate
- Imparting training to business and coaching to SMEs, to drive the incident management culture and enhance the maturity of the overall incident management process
- Add value in working closely with the 2nd line assurance/QA teams in region/UK and 3rd line teams for necessary input
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree educated
- Insurance experience particularly in the health market is preferred. Consultancy within Insurance/FS sector is also welcome.
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking with the ability to summarise and communicate complicated technical issues.
- Awareness of recognised practices in obtaining, maintaining and analysing data.
- Capable of articulating the outcome of relevant analysis with the gravitas to support conclusions in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Always seeking to be competent e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure necessary knowledge and skills
- Strong skills in MS packages including Access
- Ability to influence others at all levels.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.