Head of Outsourcing and Partnerships
Responsible for managing the Bupa Global EEA outsourcing framework to deliver and develop sustainable customer and commercial outcomes through the delivery of multiple operational processes, managing outsourced service providers (inter-group and third parties).
This role will take ownership for the delivery of the contractual obligations between BG EEA & all relevant outsourced suppliers, ensuring that all processes & services delivered are focused to deliver great customer and commercial outcomes.
You will be a critical member of the team that streamlines the process to ensure that we meet our customers’ needs in line with our values and Bupa Code.
By collaborating closely with internal partners, you will work together to determine BG EEA present and future needs; using these relationships to help shape suitable product and initiatives to deliver for our customers.
Set up BG EEA Third Party contracts, and all operational set up
- Create, develop, negotiate and manage contractual agreements with relevant partner(s) in conjunction with procurement
- Design technical and operational specifications to enable expertise in the market to be evaluated and developed for outsource partners to capture the optimum resource and costs for BG EEA
- Co-ordinate and align Outsource suppliers to dovetail with internal operations and other external partners to ensure efficiency of the overall BG EEA operation
- Set delegated authorities limits for third party supplies (where appropriate)
- Contribute to the design and responsible for the implementation of the partner strategy for the effective use of the partner’s services
- Identify opportunities to improve service/reduce cost
- Develop contract and commercial tools, models system and processes to manage the partner and ensure these are reported
- Work within the agreed contract management governance framework
- Where necessary progress the termination of services if required, in an appropriate and professional manner protecting the interests of BG EEA at all times and in conjunction with Procurement
- Responsible for managing all administrative aspects associated with outsource management, e.g. Management Accounts and Board Packs highlighting budgets and forecasts.
- Establish & maintain links with key stakeholders in the BG EEA internal operation to ensure strong working relationships between BG EEA and the assigned supplier
- Develop partnering relationships to improve relationship resilience
Governance and Performance management, and Risk Management
- Chair the BGF EEA Outsourcing Commmittee, covering both supplier management and functional asects of all outsourced activities, with regular reporting to the BG EEA ExCo
- Manage benchmark activities to monitor partners’ performance against industry standards in conjunction with Procurement
- Ensure contractual KPI dashboard is maintained by Partners and quality assurance reviews are conducted
- Identify, monitor and mitigate all commercial risks associated with outsourced partners
- Ensure appropriate contingency plans are in place for the failure or strategic replacement of the allocated partners, including monitoring of and reporting on partners’ standing in the marketplace in conjunction with Procurement
- Conduct Commercial performance, Service Delivery Reviews and Service Level review meetings as per the defined governance processes
- Deliver to budget and agreed timelines and work with stakeholders where there is likely to be any misalignment from original plan or forecast
Culture and Conduct
- As part of the BG EEA business ensure that you live the Bupa values and a role model for conduct standards for colleagues
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement that constantly seeks to improve customer outcomes, eliminate waste and increase efficiency and productivity
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working with or within a Outsource Partner in a commercial relationship/ business partner role (knowledge of insurance industry desirable but not essential)
- Experience of defining commercial mechanisms, KPIs and contracts for customer service outsource relationships
- Very strong peer-to-peer leadership and influencing skill,
- Analytical and negotiation skills with experience of this in a complex matrix management structure preferred.
- Confidence, professionalism, initiative and diplomacy
- Strong resilience and experience of operating in a challenging environment
- Previous experience of managing a service through external partners, and driving to agreed KPI’s (including pace, quality)
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results in a similar environment
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and externally at all levels
- Setting and managing to budget (AOP process)
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.