HR Manager - Bupa Global Egypt
Based in Cairo, a key focus for the HR Manager role is to provide generalist human resource support and advice for the Bupa Global Egypt site. The site comprises of c300 employees spread across 2 separate employing entities - one of which is locally regulated and one which is globally regulated.
The role holder will ensure that the Bupa Global corporate culture for leading people is being effectively followed and role modelled at the Egypt site. They will be the first point of contact for managers and team members for all general HR queries. They will ensure that all people related practices are compliant with local legislation and adhere to global internal policies. They will have a good understanding of Egyptian employment law and its application in a large corporate business.
The role holder will also implement people interventions and projects under guidance from the UK based People Business Partner.
The role holder will line manage the site People Co-ordinator, supporting them where required and during peaks of work with the handling of all people operations administration e.g. employee records, letters concerning changes in terms of employment, passports, visas, work permits, staff benefits and monthly payroll activities.
Policy and ER Management
- Provide generalist human resources advice and support for the Egypt site including prompt resolution for all employee relations issues and escalation of high risks to the People Partner
- Partner with the People Business Partner & Legal Manager to manage the investigative process for any internal complaints of discrimination, harassment and other employment issues.
- Coach local managers to effectively manage their people in line with the Bupa Global people policies and procedures and in line with the Bupa Global corporate culture
- Ensuring that the Egypt site is compliant with Egyptian employment legislation. Recognising and escalating any people risks
- Support the People Business Partner in overall HR Policy development, maintenance and implementation
- Lead health & wellbeing programs implementation in Bupa Egypt
- Carry out cyclical people activity for the site such as actions from resulting from the People Pulse employee engagement survey, annual performance conversations and annual pay review
- Manage employee onboarding & offboarding in line with Bupa policies
- Coordinate and manage the monthly payroll activities including social insurance registrations.
- Manage staff benefits administration (Medical insurance & Employees’ pension scheme).
- Manage employee leave & absence records
- Maintain employee records in accordance with labour requirements
- Ensures Bupa Egypt entities are compliant from a people perspective and all people audit requirements such as salaries register, incentives and penalties Register, attendance register, disabled staff register etc.
- Support induction and orientation sessions
- Responsible for co-ordinating Bupa Egypt Engagement programme
- Line manage the People Site Co-ordinator and the Site Administrator
- Coach line managers to effectively manage their people in line with Bupa policies
- Manage the annual performance & reward review cycles for Bupa Egypt
- Manage roll out of talent development programs and all other people related initiatives
- Support resourcing team with recruitment activities and salary negotiations
- Provide local insight on market best practices
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge and understanding of all generalist HR activities, the value they can deliver and how to integrate them into a corporate environment
- Professional HR qualification relevant to local market/region (desirable)
- Degree qualified (desirable)
- Sound HR generalist experience with focus on Employee Relations, in an industry with heavy focus on Customer Service (Telecom, Logistics, Aviation), ideally in call centre environment.
- In depth knowledge of employment legislation and practice in Egypt
- Sound working knowledge of employment law relevant to the region
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Experience of implementing and supporting organisational change
- Experience of understanding complex people issues and situations and recognise business wide implications before making recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business at all levels.
- Strong deliverer in terms of People cycle activity e.g. reward cycle, performance management etc
- Team player - experience working in virtual teams
- Must be approachable and effective with ability to influence change across all levels of the organization in an effective manner
- Experience of working in a regulated sector desirable
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.