Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Business partnering with several functions to assist in budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, project tracking and other ad-hoc deliverables.
- Challenge and develop current process and methodologies and push for improvement.
- Assist in the preparation of full company budgets and rolling forecasts at a significant level of detail, ensuring the results are consistent with company history and accounting practices.
- Perform monthly actuals to budget variance analysis.
- Create & develop reports and key performance indicators to fulfil the needs of all departments, as well as the delivering associated training.
- Prepare executive high-level reports for senior management on periodic basis.
- Build and maintain detailed and comprehensive analysis and trends.
- Implement internal checks and balances to ensure the integrity of the data results and its relevance to the business, and coordinates changes with the Finance Database Reporting team.
- Analyze data in various ways to identify trends and deficiencies, reports finding and drive changes across the business.
- Perform other functions and projects as assigned by Sr. Financial Planning & Analysis Manager or Chief Financial Officer.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science or any related field required.
- MBA preferred.
- Solid (3-8) years growing experience in financial planning, accounting, or actuarial science.
- Preferred knowledge of statistics, actuarial calculations and health care.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at an advanced level.
- Extensive Data Management Skills.
- Competency with financial data modelling.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks, coordinate and meet various deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and ability to drive and embrace change.
- Strong process improvement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Health insurance plus English/Spanish proficiency desirable.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial analysis and support for the forecasting and commercial side of the business thus ensuring the company can make informed decisions on future strategies. Creates & develops budgeting forecasts & financial models, experience studies, variance analysis, and the preparation of the monthly managing director’s report. Prepare business case development and strategy support. Identify risks to the profitability of the business and makes recommendations for profit improvement
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.