Finance Business Partner
Responsible for supporting the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and the Executive Team by providing accounting and financial partnering, guidance, and consulting as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan. Overseeing Capital and Operating expense budgets and providing key insight.
- Partner with the business and ensure proper governance and control over expenses. To include local Latin American accountants and executives.
- Create budget packs and presentations and ensuring accuracy of figures.
- Perform monthly actual to budget variance analysis
- Design sophisticated financial models to support business decisions
- Create & develop reports and key performance indicators to fulfil the needs of all departments, as well as the delivering associated training
- Write the commentary, provide the analysis and assist in monthly KPI and metric deck.
- Create business cases (operational or capex) to assist executive team in decision making
- Build and maintain detailed and comprehensive analysis and trends.
- Implement internal checks and balances to ensure the integrity of the data results and its relevance to the business, and coordinates changes with the Finance Database Reporting team.
- Analyze data in various ways to identify trends and deficiencies, reports finding and drive changes across the business.
- Perform other functions and projects as assigned by Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, Head of Risk & Financial Analysis or Chief Financial Officer.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Actuarial Science, MBA preferred
- Solid (6-8) years growing experience in financial planning, accounting , or actuarial science
- Health insurance a plus.
- Business partnering experience
- Experience producing an Annual Operating Plan
- Experience working with planning software (such as Adaptive or Anaplan), tagetik, SQL, VBA
- Preferred knowledge of statistics, actuarial calculations and health care
- Insurance background highlly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access, Word at an advanced level
- Extensive Data Management Skills
- Competency with financial data modelling
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills