Finance Business Partner
A newly formed role for a Finance Business Partner based in our Bupa Global office in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is a great role to work alongside our Commercial Finance Manager (EEA) and our Danish Branch Manager to drive better understanding of performance within the region.
- Develop and maintain the Anaplan Planning Contribution Model to be customised for BG EEA
- Expand and improve the planning models for Danish Branch and Malta PMI segments
- Recalibrate input assumptions and outputs so they are specific for BG EEA
- The model should support stress testing scenarios including the base case for the Own Risk Self-Assessment (ORSA)
- The role will work in close partnership with the FP&A team
- A large part of the role will initially focus on transforming inputs and outputs through a commercial planning model (Anaplan) to produce in-year forecasting and feed into the next planning cycle.
- This work will be critical to improving the inputs and outputs that feed into the management and performance reporting, target setting and the planning processes for the BG EEA business.
- Drive robust, insightful and accurate business projections for in-year rolling forecasts (Best Estimate Forecast) and feed into 3 year Plan (3YP)
- Take the lead on submitting in the Bupa Group planning system (CCH Tagetik) including P&L, Balance Sheet, key KPIs, RAP & ROCE & Capex
- Build and maintain strong business partnering relationships with the Branch Manager, sales, marketing and operations teams based in Denmark through robust performance management reporting that is insightful and feeds into tactical commercial decision making
- Implement KPI’s to monitor Danish Branch business performance and to drive forward efficiency and margin improvements
- Become familiar with the complex cost base of the Danish Branch business to ensure the business is operating effectively. Monitor operating expenses relative to Plan and feed into broader forecasting processes managed by the Commercial Finance Manager BG EEA
- Partner with sales leaders to develop robust targets that drive customer centric behaviours and commercial results. Oversee and validate incentive payments prior to submission across BG EEA
- Provide management information and performance tracking for sales teams aiming to implement regular reporting processes and systemise where possible
The Ideal Candidate
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Business Partnering and modelling tools
- Experience with planning tools such as Anaplan and CCH Tagetik highly desirable
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as SAS EG, Microsoft Power BI desirable
- Demonstrated high calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to bridge financial knowledge-gaps across stakeholders of all levels of hierarchy
- Strong stakeholder management experience, building/strengthening relationships within the business at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business drivers and apply those drivers to effectively project business performance.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop business performance reporting on financial and non-financial data, providing clear and insightful information for decision making.
- Adaptable to business change and a fast paced environment with a growth agenda, working through conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Proven initiative and desire to contribute beyond the core expectations of the role.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills. .
- Willing to provide support, advice, and assistance in the development of colleagues.
- Collaborative and team player as well as an effective individual contributor
- Look for opportunities to proactively drive improvements to reporting and MI for the business through enhancement of the company's Business Intelligence capabilities and processes
- Constantly look to improve processes and procedures, Culture and conduct
- As part of the BG EEA business ensure that you live the Bupa values and a role model for conduct standards for colleagues
Academic/ professional qualifications:
Bachelors Degree / Qualified Accountant and membership of recognised professional body desirable
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.