Director de Cumplimiento
The Head of Compliance is responsible for driving the Company’s Compliance Program and a compliance culture throughout the organization. As 2nd line of defense, the Head of Compliance provides independent oversight and challenge of the Company’s compliance, governance and risk management practices and internal control environment. The Head of Compliance also provides guidance and support to the 1st line of defense on how to embed the compliance framework.
Facilitate the effective and successful delivery of a compliance strategy and framework ensuring that a co-ordinated and consistent approach to compliance management activity is undertaken across Bupa Global Latin America (BGLA).
To embed a culture of pro-active 1st line ownership of compliance risk management across Bupa Mexico. To ensure the appropriate regulatory risk/compliance risk appetite is applied to all business decisions and control requirements. To be an advocate and role model of embedding compliance risk management principles and to provide the required control standards for compliance at all levels of BGLA’s operation.
Develops implements, maintains and regularly reviews the Company’s Compliance Program to ensure employees are compliant with applicable law, best practices, are knowledgeable of the Company’s mission, vision and values, creating visibility of the Company’s core ethics value within the organization.
- Responsible for acting as the appointed Compliance Officer for Bupa Mexico, as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and manage a strong, open and proactive relationship with all applicable regulatory bodies in Mexico, including in particular La Comisión Nacional de Seguros (CNSF).
- Provide oversight and support the business in managing and complying with all applicable regulation in the country, including insurance regulations, AML and financial crime.
- Liaise with CNSF in respect of all requirements and intereactions and to authorize and submit to CNSF any Self-Correction Plans to amend identified irregularities or breaches.
- Present the annual report of compliance with the obligations under its charge to the CNSF, in the manner and terms established by CNSF itself.
- Coordinate the approach to regulatory and conduct of business risks.
- Coordinate and manage any on site audit performed by any regulators.
- Setting and oversight of local policy (within the overall Bupa Group policy framework).
- Periodically evaluate compliance with internal and external regulations. To detect any risk of default and timely resolve the detected deviations.
- Establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure regulatory ‘horizon’ risks are identified and their implication assessed.
- Working with Bupa’s regional and central Risk & Compliance leadership to support and drive local implementation of the Bupa Group compliance framework.
- Membership of the Bupa Mexico Executive Team to provide leadership and direction to ensure all business activity, current and future is fully compliant and to continually drive improvement and enhancements in risk management practices and behaviours.
- Responsible for leading all local compliance monitoring/business assurance work, to review the effectiveness of compliance/regulatory risk management within Bupa Mexico and the effectiveness of internal operational controls.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional compliance or legal qualification (specifically in relation to Latin America and the US) or relevant insurance industry qualification.
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish with ability to speak fluently, write effectively and read perfectly in both languages.
- Direct experience of leading the development and embedding of compliance and financial crime processes across organisations.
- Experience of managing relationships with financial services regulatory bodies and other regulatory supervisors.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with proven ability to engage and drive performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Las decisiones que involucren actividades de reclutamiento y selección en Bupa Global Latinoamerica no serán influenciadas por diferencias en cuanto a sexo, raza, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, convicciones políticas, religión, estado civil, condición social y de salud, responsabilidades de cuidado familiar, origen nacional o étnico, capacidades diferentes (discapacidades), edad, ciudadanía, o membresía a un cuerpo representativo excepto cuando sea requerido o justificado por cualquier ley aplicable.