Direct Sales Manager
The Direct Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring consistent and profitable growth in sales revenues for Bupa Egypt through all direct sales channels (SME & Individual). The Direct Sales Manager will also be responsible for the renewal of the current book of business for SME & individual products.
A key emphasis of the role will be to ensure high performance work practices and effective performance management principles.
- Responsible for meeting the New Business & Renewal targets for Bupa Egypt Direct sales team.
- Devises new sales strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales targets through identifying opportunities, market segment, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses to build business forecasts and define the targeted market share.
- Oversee & manage the renewal process and understand customer needs, complaints and issues and work with Head of Operations to improve customer service levels.
- Identify & analyze detraction themes and work with different teams across the business to eliminate such themes.
- Drive Bupa’s brand, profile and proposition through direct sales in line with market participation strategy.
- Develop and build an industry-leading Direst Sales team in order to support Bupa Global’s goals.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing team to ensure high lead conversation.
- Engage and lead the direct sales business through the implementation of and management against key metrics and deliverables.
- Ensure that all business is compliant with Bupa Global’s risk appetite and ensure your area fully meets the obligations of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and we put the customer at the heart of how we conduct business.
- Build and maintain the direct sales team through the recruitment, development and retention of high performing, motivated and engaged Sales team
- Develop, manage and grow the performance of the direct sales team through regular 1:1’s, Bupa talent hub and personal development plans.
- Set specific, challenging and measurable KPIs.
- Drive exceptional performance against KPI’s fairly and consistently across your team.
- Implement performance improvement plans where additional support is needed.
- Create a dynamic succession and talent plan for the direct sales team.
- Develop a team of talent and future leaders of Bupa.
- Assist with the annual Global People Survey (GPS) and implement an engagement plan in partnership with your HR People Partner to improve engagement levels.
- Communicate Bupa Global’s core purpose and vision to your team.
- Continually strive to improve the customer experience through improved processes, people development and technology.
- Accountable for the resolution of issues identified by the direct sales team – and responsible for troubleshooting, removing any barriers implementing future-focused solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant transferable skills and knowledge from an alternative industry is preferable, such as Retail, Commercial, Pensions, Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Previous experience within a people management role in a similar function and proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPI in direct sales.
- Operational management experience, including developing and setting targets and KPIs, resource and capacity management, workforce management in direct sales.
- Advanced interpersonal, social, communication and presentation skills
- Energy, commitment and a positive attitude to achieving results
- Experience of managing in a Financial Services regulated environment is desirable
- An ability to speak fluent English and Arabic is needed.
- Experience of living or working abroad is preferred
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.