Direct Sales Manager - Individual segment (Medical Insurance)
As the Direct Sales Manager you’ll help drive our business forward as we move into 2022. This role will be critical in ensuring profitable growth in sales revenues for Bupa Egypt through all our direct sales channels (SME & Individual). You’ll also be responsible for the renewal of the current for SME & individual products in the portfolio.
In this highly commercial role you'll be driven to deliver on our growth agenda with a competitive basic and earning potential which rewards high performance.
- Deliver on the New Business & Renewal targets for Bupa Egypt Direct sales team.
- Devises new sales strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales targets through identifying opportunities, market segment, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses to build business forecasts and define the targeted market share.
- Oversee & manage the renewal process and understand customer needs, complaints and issues and work with Head of Operations to improve customer service levels.
- Identify & analyze detraction themes and work with different teams across the business to eliminate such themes.
- Drive Bupa’s brand, profile and proposition through direct sales channels
- Develop and build an industry-leading Direct Sales team to achieve business goals
- Closely work with marketing team to focus on developing a high lead conversation.
- Engage and lead the direct sales business through the implementation of and management against key metrics and deliverables.
- Ensure that all business is compliant with Bupa Global’s risk appetite and ensure your area fully meets the obligations of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and we put the customer at the heart of how we conduct business.
- Build and maintain the direct sales team through the recruitment, development and retention of high performing, motivated and engaged Sales team
- Develop, drive engagement and manage the performance of the direct sales team through regular 1:1’s, Bupa talent hub, personal development and KPI's
- Communicate Bupa Global’s core purpose and vision to your team.
- Continually strive to improve the customer experience through improved processes, people development and technology.
- Accountable for the resolution of issues identified by the direct sales team – and responsible for troubleshooting, and be solutions focused
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant transferable skills and knowledge from an alternative industry is preferable, such as Retail, Commercial, Pensions, Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Demonstrable experience in direct sales within a business results/KPI environment. Ideally this will be in a regulated industry
- Proven people management experience and driving team engagement teams
- Effective and articulate communicator and presenter. You’ll be a strong influencer and credible at senior level.
- Operational management experience, including developing and setting targets and KPIs, resource and capacity management, workforce management in direct sales.
- Energy, commitment and a positive attitude to achieving results
- An ability to speak fluent English and Arabic (desired – not essential)
- Experience of living or working abroad is preferred
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.