Customer Service Team Coach
We are looking for a dedicated, focussed Team Coach within Customers Services in Beijing. The Team Coach will support existing and new contact centre agents in their continual development in role, focussing on all aspects of their role including the development of technical, process and products skills and knowledge and their ongoing development of soft skills and behaviours.
They will carry out internal quality assessments and will also be the ‘go to’ member of the team for queries relating to day to day procedures and best practice. They will be a role model for how we engage with our customers, demonstrating excellent customer care and empathy at all time and being a role model for Bupa’s values. The Team Coach will be a point of contact for escalated customer calls.
In order keep their knowledge and skills current, the Team Coach will spend 25% of their time answering customer calls/emails
In addition to carrying out quality monitoring and coaching, the Team Coach will also support the Service Manager with team co-ordination activities
- Conduct one on one technical and soft skills coaching for team members to support them to continually build their knowledge, skills and support them to provide outstanding service to customers;
- Through coaching, ensure compliance with relevant legislation and compliance policy. In particular will ensure that the correct processes are being followed in relation to handling customer complaints and the fair treatment of customers;
- Identify skill gaps and conduct one on one coaching to rectify skill gaps where identified;
- Feedback trends regarding skills gaps across the team to the Service Manager and the Training Manager so that improvements can be made to the induction training and ongoing development training;
- Carry out side by side and remote quality monitoring;
- Continually maintain a personal high level of knowledge of procedures, products, systems, being the most knowledgeable person in the team
- Handle escalated customer calls;
- Being a role model in the department for providing outstanding service to customers and demonstrating excellence in behaviours relating to Bupa’s values;
- 25% of working time in a typical working week is spent carrying out the Customer Service Consultant role responding to customer calls and emails
- Carrying out team co-ordination activities as required by the Service Manager
The Ideal Candidate
An experienced customer service professional with knowledge of the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
Can demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bupa Global’s products and customer service systems and procedures
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required with emphasis on the ability to develop people to achieve successful outcomes
Can demonstrate examples of supporting and coaching colleagues in a customer service setting (either informally as an experienced team member or more formally in a previous coaching role)
- Service KPIs for Customer Service Directorate
- Net promoter scores
- CIS results
- eNPS results relating to learning and development
- Targets for quality
Governance, audit and regulatory requirements for quality e.g. Local regulations Treating Customers Fairly
Is known as a role model within the department, providing excellent customer service, quality and performance against department KPI’s. Role models Bupa’s values
Ability to inspire and create enthusiasm, energy and cooperation in others to achieve work objectives
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.