Customer Service Consultant - Bupa Egypt Services
Ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers by swiftly and accurately responding to and resolving all customer requests and queries. Customer contact will be across all communication channels phone, email, web chat and letter.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving all customer queries to the customers complete satisfaction without the need to refer the customer on. This will include resolving complex and challenging situations from all customer groups individual, Corporate and Intermediaries.
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
You will be a customer service champion, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and putting forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience
- Approving/rejecting all requests to authorize treatment before any surgery or procedure.
- Deal with members telephone enquiries, evaluate the situation and apply business criteria and detailed knowledge of Bupa Global products to make appropriate decisions.
- Respond to members correspondence either by phone or by writing following appropriate investigation, in line with Bupa Global policy and style.
- Respond to members visits by evaluating their situation and requests and accordingly provide them with the necessary advice/ action.
- Apply changes to existing memberships according to Bupa policies and processes
- Reissuing and tracking members documents
- Making manual collections from customers credit cards
- Deal with billing inquiries.
- Raising manual credit notes and invoices when needed
- Issuing membership letters for customers to confirm cover
- Issuing payment receipts for members and group payments when requested.
- Deal with providers that may have any queries related to their dealings with Bupa Global or on behalf of their clients.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the system records reflect up to date communications with internal and external customers so that enquiries can be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Ensuring members contact details are up to date on the system.
- Provide support to other Bupa Global Departments to overcome cultural and language barriers.
- Coordinate with Service Partners to set medical treatment appointments for members seeking treatment internationally.
- Handling members complaints and accordingly investigate situation and coordinate with other departments in order to solve the complaint in a timely manner and retain the customers.
- Use agreed levels of authority and previous experience to make effective business decisions.
- Take ownership of the enquiries and liaise between departments to provide a seamless service to members.
- Support new team members throughout their learning curves.
- Ensure that the team objectives are met through out the year.
Able to demonstrate that you pay due regard to customers and treat them fairly by:
- being able to explain the impact that your role and actions have on the fair treatment of customers.
- being able to explain the potential implications for customers who are not treated fairly by you or others.
- making the fair treatment of customers central to all that you do.
- Always seeking to be competent to do your job e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills
The Ideal Candidate
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Previous experience of a complex and multi skilled customer facing roles within a contact centre setting
- A track record of achieving and exceeding productivity and quality targets
- Highly customer focussed
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- An ability to speak and write to a high standard in English and Arabic is essential
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.