Customer Service Advisor
The Customer Service Advisor is the face of Bupa Global for our valued customers and partners, ensuring our reputation for outstanding individual service is maintained locally and globally at all times. With quality of service identified as the primary driver of retention this role is crucial to our growth ambitions in the region.
- To provide excellent customer service by exceeding customer expectations and achieving department service standards for calls, emails, new business and claims
- To proactively deal with customers in a warm and friendly manner and resolving all queries, and complaints, and finding solutions at the first point of contact
- Be able to understand the customer journey from start to end and know where the different departments/team feed in
- Utilise current technology, including multiple systems, to carry out changes to group secretaries, brokers, partners and members' records where appropriate ensuring that these are accurate at all times
- Take ownership of enquiries and liaise between departments to provide a 'seamless end to end service' to group secretaries, brokers, partners and members.
- Build strong relationships with customers, agents, and groups
- Support for complex case handling i.e. high value claims, extraordinary benefits and complaints handling
- Assist in the development of the regional operating model, being able to adapt to improvements and change
- Participate in projects demanding decision making and high level of responsibility within operations and/or cross-departmental
- Committed to share knowledge and experience with colleagues to provide training and guidance
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduated in upper secondary education supported by further and higher education of minimum 2 years
- IIQE Paper I and II are required. If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Ability to speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin is needed
- Experience of account managing the whole customer lifecycle- being responsible for the entire customer journey and acting as a single point of contact or ‘account manager’
- PC literate and keyboard skills essential with the ability to adapt and learn new operational systems where required
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative
- Takes an interest in customer needs, always responding professionally and efficiently
- Good team player
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.