Coordinator of IT purchasing and Contracting
Manages budget, procurement, purchasing, and invoicing activities related with technology for the Latam Region, in conjunction with the purchase area in Finance.
Ensures IT products and IT services (hardware, software, maintenance, support services, IT consultants, etc.) are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner. Oversees the evaluation and selection of vendors as well as the negotiation of purchase contracts or service level agreements. Handles problems with vendors or products as necessary. Ensures that project and department milestones are met, while adhering to approved budgets and enterprise policies.
Guarantees invoices meet requirements, terms, approvals, and conditions defined in contracts before they are paid.
Budget and invoicing Management:
- Invoice management for IT and special projects
- Manage the relationship with providers to ensure the IT services and products are billed on time and under contract conditions
- Manage the forecast of payments in all the contracts
- Lead the approval process for invoices based on amount Limits and allocation of expenses; works with Finance for payments processing.
- Budget and Forecasting: Maintain the Budget updates; Track actual expenses to invoicing
- Accruals, reconciliation and budget corrections management
- Seek budget’s approval for IT purchases.
- Maintain the CRM database updated
- Manages vendor relationships for all projects in IT
- Together with Bupa subject matter experts, this position is responsible to create request for proposals (RFP), Requests for quotes (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI) for IT services and products
- Evaluate responses to RFPs, RFQs for IT acquisitions. Exercises considerable independent judgment and technical expertise in developing and grading vendor qualification requirements, technical requirements, following contract specific language as per Legal advice, and detailed evaluation criteria for each RFP and RFQ
- Manage Services Inventory: Negotiate contract renewals, place bids to obtain the business of new vendors, discuss pricing, and monitor all aspects of the terms of a contract
- Researches, identifies, and assists in selecting technology products required for solution delivery
- Review costs and offer suggestions for where and how much material and supplies to buy.
- Ensures the enterprise policies for procurement are met
Vendor Management, Documentation & Reporting:
- Maintain and updated and accurate Vendor Management database in CRM: Includes but not limited to contract repository management (contracts, license agreements, work orders)
- Management and reporting of amounts, expiration dates, account allocation
- Manage the onboarding of new IT vendors
- Checks if amounts are within Budget and if there are license agreements on file. Groups
- Checks for new vendors and fill out vendor form; Maintain current Contracts on file (with focus on renewal dates and budget)
- Review Terms and Conditions; Expirations and Termination letters
- Maintain contracts history by vendor, and program related expenses and capex reports
- Maintain reports such as monthly budget analysis, contracts about to expire, new purchases and renewals in process, among others.
- Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to confirm product life cycle alignment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Spanish and English proficiency required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, supply chain management, business management, or business analytics. Voluntary certifications, such as Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- A minimum of three – 5 years of experience in the procurement of data processing and telecommunications equipment, supplies and professional services is required. Additional experience may substitute for required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in overseeing contracts for strategic IT products & services.
- Experienced in the preparation of sourcing documents, i.e. Request for Proposals (RFP), Invitation to Bid (ITB), Request for Quotes (RFQ).
- IT contract management knowledge, including terms and conditions, to lead discussions with IT operational staff on distributed and mainframe software licensing, hardware configuration, IT security protocols, professional services payment streams and deliverables, proper sourcing tools, etc
- Ability to discuss contract terms and conditions when meeting with Change & IT leadership
- Experience in assessing costs and negotiating vendor and supply prices, placing bids with different vendors as required