Complaint Handling Specialist
To thoroughly investigate and resolve BG complaints, making fair and evidence-based decisions and giving a clear and accurate reply while meeting all Regulators’ requirements.
To represent and make decisions on behalf of the Chairman, Chief Executive, General Manager, Directors and Heads of Departments in the case of correspondence and escalated complaints from customers, providers, group secretaries and brokers.
To champion fair outcomes for customers, effective management of conduct risks and to promote Bupa’s values and best practice in complaint handling.
Deliver the agreed customer service experience through:
- Ensuring the customer is treated in a fair and consistent manner when raising a complaint with Bupa Global
- Manage the complaints process by taking ownership of individual cases and resolving satisfactorily and in accordance with regulatory requirements and TCF principles or equivalent for other countries (mainly Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Indonesia)
- Manage the process relating to customer and other stakeholder complaints and be the focal point for all forms and formats of complaints into the business
- Responsible for discovering and proposing potential opportunities for improving the customer experience
- Adherence to required regulatory guidelines and specifically requirements from industry regulators
- Investigate the complaint competently, diligently and impartially, obtaining additional information as necessary
- Assess fairly, consistently and promptly the subject matter of complaint, whether the complaint should or should not be upheld and what remedial action or redress (or both) may be appropriate;
- Taking all aspects of the complaint into account offer redress or remedial action when it decides this is appropriate, explain to the complainant promptly and, in a way that is fair, clear and not misleading, your assessment of complaint, your decision on the complaint, and any offer of remedial action or redress; and ensure prompt resolution with any offer of remedial action or redress accepted by the complainant.
- Liaising with internal departments and collating their contribution to the investigation of a complaint
- Observing appropriate data protection controls at all times
Broader Complaint Activity:
- Appropriate and careful assessment and recording of Root Cause Analysis of complaints to determine trends and support feedback to the business
- Supporting the business in the reporting to the Regulators, Compliance and wider business of complaint-related matters
- Administration and monitoring of complaints recorded
- Management of clinical complaints, ensuring these are recorded accurately on the Enablon system and working closely with the Head of Clinical Governance
- Collation, as required, of case files for complaints referred to the specific local regulatory bodies across Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Indonesia.
- Ensuring complaint processes are understood and applied consistently in the assessment of complaints;
- Provide input and assistance in the reviewing/updating of complaints manuals and complaints related literature & supporting documents
- Provide assistance and guidance to other members of the business in relation to matters associated with complaints;
- Understand and recognize the opportunity for improvements through careful consideration of Quality assurance feedback and through team meetings, feedback sessions and 1-2-1s.
- The completion, collation and distribution of results, documentation and assessment of quality monitoring activity, as directed by the line manager.
- Ensure adherence to ongoing Training and Competency requirements by the completion of training as directed, as well as the self-identification of training needs/gaps.
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial experience of working in a customer service role in the financial services sector
- Previous experience of complaint handling preferred
- Excellent written (English and Traditional Chinese) and verbal communications (English, Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Excellent telephone soft skills
- PC literate / keyboard skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Empathy and persuasiveness
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Willingness to take ownership and a passion for solving customers problems
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative
- Puts customer first, building strong relationships and being pro-active to their needs
- Flexibility – ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing working practices, demonstrate willingness to change
- Organises own workload effectively
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement work including demonstrating
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.