Complaint Handler - Customer Relations Specialist
This role joins our Customer Relations team based in Dubai and will thoroughly investigate resolve complaints. You’ll make fair and evidence-based decisions and give a clear and accurate reply while meeting all Regulators’ requirements.
To represent and make decisions on behalf of the senior leadership in the case of correspondence and escalated complaints from customers, providers, group secretaries and brokers.
To champion fair outcomes for customers, effective management of conduct risks and to promote Bupa’s values and best practice in complaint handling.
- Ensuring the customer is treated in a fair and consistent manner when raising a complaint with Bupa Global
- Manage the complaints process by taking ownership of individual cases and resolving satisfactorily and in accordance with our Regulators in the region and adhearing to TCF principles or equivalent for other countries
- Manage the process relating to customer and other stakeholder complaints and be the focal point for all forms and formats of complaints into the business
- Responsible for discovering and proposing potential opportunities for improving the customer experience
- Adherence to required regulatory guidelines and specifically financial conduct authorities regulations
- investigate the complaint competently, diligently and impartially, obtaining additional information as necessary
- assess fairly, consistently and promptly the subject matter of complaint, whether the complaint should or should not be upheld and what remedial action or redress (or both) may be appropriate;
- Taking all aspects of the complaint into account offer redress or remedial action when it decides this is appropriate, explain to the complainant promptly and, in a way that is fair, clear and not misleading, your assessment of complaint, your decision on the complaint, and any offer of remedial action or redress; and ensure prompt resolution with any offer of remedial action or redress accepted by the complainant.
- Liaising with internal departments and collating their contribution to the investigation of a complaint
- Observing appropriate data protection controls at all times
Broader Complaint Activity
- Appropriate and careful assessment and recording of Root Cause Analysis of complaints to determine trends and support feedback to the business
- Supporting the business in the reporting to the Regulators, Compliance and wider business of complaint-related matters
- Administration and monitoring of complaints recorded, both in Brighton and all other Bupa Global offices e.g. Copenhagen, Miami, Egypt etc.
- Management of clinical complaints, ensuring these are recorded accurately on the Enablon system and working closely with the Head of Clinical Governance
- Collation, as required, of case files for complaints referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service or other regulatory body
- Ensuring complaint processes are understood and applied consistently in the assessment of complaints;
- Provide input and assistance in the reviewing/updating of complaints manuals and complaints related literature & supporting documents
- Provide guidance to other members of the business in relation to complaints
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with complaints handling within insurance ideally Health Insurance is a must
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent telephone skills
- PC literate / keyboard skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Empathy and persuasiveness
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Willingness to take ownership and a passion for solving customers problems
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative
- Puts customer first, building strong relationships and being pro-active to their needs
- Flexibility – ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing working practices, demonstrate willingness to change
- Organises own workload effectively
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding performance indicators
- Good team player
- A sound working knowledge of Bupa Global’s products and processes
- Basic knowledge of medical terms is desirable
- An ability to speak a second language (Arabic) is an advantage
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 29M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ almost 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.