Based in Cairo, the Claims Manager will report to the Operations Manager with the primary goal of creating a world class claims function. The role holder will ensure the effective and efficient management of all claims for Bupa Egypt Insurance (BEI).
A key emphasis of the role will be to ensure high work performance practices and effective performance management practices are in place and you will be responsible for driving a culture and process of continuous improvement.
The expectation is that the role holder will focus on refining the existing operating model to ensure optimum levels of effectiveness and efficiency, with due consideration of the future strategic direction of the business. The role holder will also be a key contributor in leading any major changes.
- Responsible for the speed and accuracy of all claims for BEI, ensuring that all service targets are consistently met
- Leading the multi-skilled Claims team to resolve all customer claims queries, high value claims and fraud detection within agreed service levels
- Responsible for claims quality assessing
- Ensuring all Team Members have the right level of capability, skills and knowledge to successfully achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and service targets
- Ensure all operational processes in the area are optimised to reach the best possible outcome for both BEI and customers
- To drive ongoing improvements in fraud detection and prevention processes
- Leading continuous process improvement
- Fully accountable for the annual department budget. Prompt escalation of any potential overspends
- Hold the regulatory function for Claims with the FRA
The Ideal Candidate
- Background education in customer service or relevant qualification useful but not essential.
- Experienced Customer Service and Claims Management professional with knowledge of the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Significant knowledge of claims management and best practice in Egypt.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory framework for the insurance sector set by the FRA
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results in a similar environment
- Evidence of building talented high performing teams
- Ability to establish a high performance management culture
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business and externally at all levels.
- Project management experience including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives.
- Proven track record in delivering against budget
- Excellent communication skills in English
About the Company
Bupas purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance.It puts ourcustomersfront and centre in the context of todays digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on ourpeopleand partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainableperformance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupas International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kongs largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way viaphone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log inand view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and youre invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.