Claims Management Consultant
Ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers by swiftly and accurately resolving all complex customer and provider claims escalations, providing core support, guidance and insight for our key outsourcer, Genpact, and to provide bespoke handling for customer and provider claims, pre-payment, where key information may be missing. Customer and provider contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, web chat and letter.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving the most complex, escalated claims queries to complete satisfaction without the need to refer the case onwards. This will include assessing, adjusting and reassessing complex claims, generally pre-payment, from all customer segments – Individual, Provider Corporate and Intermediaries.
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, customer satisfaction, compliance and regulation.
You will be a claims subject matter expert, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and using your claims knowledge to put forward ideas for the continual improvement of our customer’s experience.
- Taking end to end ownership for the resolution of all escalated complex customer/provider claims queries, missing information claims, pre-payment, and complex claims where the outsourcer Genpact require support and guidance, pre-payment. Case manage all queries through to resolution
- Assessing, adjusting and reassessing any claims as required
- Accurately maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact
- Complying with all regulatory and governance requirements including FCA and Treating Customers Fairly
- Achieving all targets for contact handling, turnaround times and quality
- Participate in the Training & Competence scheme, through regular 121s, coaching sessions, side by side observations, huddles and team meetings with your leader
- Support and engage with new team members, particularly those off-shore in Egypt, with possible requirements to conduct on-site support
- Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance, in line with The Bupa Code and Bupa Values
- Being a Customer Service Champion within Global Claims Management
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by challenging existing process and contributing ideas for improvement for customers and the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Previous experience in the delivery of customer service within a contact centre setting, coupled with experience of case managing customer queries thorough to resolution
- Significant experience of claims assessment / management within the healthcare sector
- A track record of achieving and exceeding productivity and quality targets in a high performing team environment
- Highly customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- An ability to speak a second language would be an advantage
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.