Change Process & Business Analyst Lead
The Change Process & Business Analyst Lead will document business requirements and processes, assess outcomes, make recommendations, and apply best practice. This role will also guide the team of Change Process & Business Analysts to adhere to best practices, processes, team policies, and timelines.
The Analyst will lead large development implementations and support process improvement initiatives within the Change Department and BGLA Program Priorities. The Lead will also be the central point for minor changes where a Program Manager is not required.
Liaises between the business, change program managers, and the technical development staff and ensures clarity and understanding of organization's direction, structure, and requirements. It also leads the relationship with external analysts, as well as onshore members of the team.
Validates requirements for change with creation of business operational processes and the Information System recommended solutions by the development team. Identifies options for improving business systems and/or operational processes and impacted business rules.
- Focuses on managing strategic projects working efficiently in all areas of the project life cycle: requirements analysis, specifications development, application development, testing and implementation.
- Acts as sounding board for all Change Process & Business Analysts, in documentation completion and clarity, as well as proper Change processes to follow.
- Leads process design sessions to document “as-is” and “to-be” process maps that match requirements of projects and that impact the business and /or systems. Creates user manuals and other documentation for end-users. Communicates status issues and changes to appropriate audience.
- Leads the reviews, analysis, and evaluation of complex business rules, systems and user requirements, prepares requirements and matching to be process maps, specifications, and recommendations.
- Identifies and documents benefits, costs and risks associated with solution alternatives.
- Liaises between the business and the technical staff through timely standups. Identifies possible impediments to meeting organization’s and department objectives and takes appropriate action to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
- Maps traceability requirements to the associated design and testing coverage; is responsible for obtaining document approval from the appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas. Schedules and coordinates business requirement gathering sessions with key stakeholders. Assists programmers gather all the business users’ requirements and perform effective system and user acceptance testing.
- Conduct process simulation and user training, as well as proactively guides other members to complete this tasks as they relate to their work streams. Ensures support handover is successful.
- Partner and participate in meetings with Change Program Managers and business SMEs or Project Teams
- Communicate learning’s, recommendations and status via workshops, presentations and other meetings as appropriate.
- Tests improvements and changes to the applications, defines test conditions and develops accurate and complete test plans. Conducts testing according to plan. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Follows up with the project plan to ensure deadlines are being met and communicates with the end-users about the status of their requests.
- Ensures production support is uninterrupted and any emergencies are attended to, indifferent of program load.
- Can lead project initiatives work streams
- Support development of department plans and strategy
- Additional duties, as prescribed by the Head of Change
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) with concentration in Computer Science, Information Science (preferred), and process improvement
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Minimum 7-9 years’ experience as a Business Analyst with at least 5-7 years’ experience in health care, health insurance or financial services required; Process/Operations Improvement Analyst experience preferred
- Experience leading a team or project team
- Experience in facilitating process design sessions and documenting “as-is” and “to-be” process models
- Must be able to talk/hear well enough to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must have enough manual dexterity to operate keyboard for typing and navigation through computer screens.
- Bilingual English/Spanish read and write with ability to communicate effectively in both languages is required.
- Solid proven experience and knowledge in all areas of the project life cycle, requirements analysis, specifications development, application development, testing and implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Self-starter with strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- Knowledge of MS SQL, Tracking Software and Document Management system is a plus.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools like HPQC or Rational is preferred.
- Excellent communications & management skills with ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and deliver informative, well organized presentations.
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Must be able to guide other members of the team
About the Company
Bupa Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.