Business Development Consultant
Business Development Consultant, Bupa Global
Hong Kong office with hybrid working
Full time 38.75 hours per week
To effectively explore, secure and develop new business and distribution opportunities throughout the region.
Pro-actively seek out new business opportunities in the Hong Kong and work towards achieving agreed new business target.
Able to sell all of Bupa Global’s products through our various distribution channels. Develop strong working relationships with distributors and to develop long-term relationships at the highest levels with accounts of strategic importance to BUPA Group.
- The jobholder will be expected to manage all aspects of new business and distribution development;
- Build strong, effective long term relationships with decision makers within each intermediary;
- Build and deliver on current and new intermediary relationships;
- Achieve new business sales targets agreed with the Head of Intermediary Sales and seek to achieve targeted growth both for registration and distribution;
- The jobholder must identify those opportunities that can be developed and draw up a Strategic Plan which seeks to identify the business potential within the account or distribution, not only in terms of potential for expansion and growth for International business, but for the whole Bupa Group;
- As the needs of the International marketplace change, there will be a growing demand from clients for advice on the most appropriate cover. The jobholder will be pro-active in their management of their entire role and ensure appropriate communication with all parts of the business, specifically Pricing and Marketing to ensure client needs are recognised and where possible and where appropriate they are met;
- To represent Bupa Global as a thoroughly professional organisation by good preparation and planning prior to calls and ensuring appropriate after-sales service and support;
- To prepare and present appropriate sales material often to the highest level of the company using full graphic capabilities, marketing and sales aids.;
- To initiate and conduct appropriate discussions and negotiations with third parties relating to both existing and potential new business, and actively encourage tri-partite arrangements on all client accounts where an intermediary is appointed;
- To comply with and take into account any requirements from the Hong Kong regulations;
- Able to demonstrate that he/she pays due regard to customers and treat them fairly by:
- able to explain the impact that your role and actions have on the fair treatment of customers;
- able to explain the potential implications for customers who are not treated fairly by you or others;
- make the fair treatment of customers central to all that you do;
- always seeking to be competent to do your job e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills;
- always providing customers with clear information and suitable advice which takes account of their circumstances;
- only selling customers products that they need;
- discuss the risks/benefits of a product with customers in a clear, simple way ensuring it is not misleading and allowing them to positively confirm their understanding of the product that they are purchasing.
- As the subject matter expert in business-wide projects related to Intermediary operations and/or growth
The Ideal Candidate
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management including selling at Senior/Board member level;
- Demonstrated track record in growing intermediary sales and have previous working relationships with intermediaries or third party distribution channels to exceed targeted business results/KPIs;
- Have working knowledge of competitor products, business/commercial acumen on pricing/contract issues within the marketplace;
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners;
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, and capable to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships;
- Have exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks;
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.