Business Development Consultant
Business Development Consultant, Bupa Global
Rotterdam, Netherlands office with option of hybrid working
Competitive salary depending on experience
Full time 40 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
The primary purpose of the role is growing and onboarding SME business in Benelux and rest of Europe if required. Furthermore, the role will offer support and advice in the corporate RFP process and onboarding of new corporate clients.
New Business (NB) Generation
- Develop long-term plans in line with the overall Sales Strategy; deliver effective tactical solutions in response to short-term issues and requirements
2) Execution & Relationships
- Responsible for delivering on sales strategy:
- Own and manage NB opportunities through existing intermediary relationships
- Identify new intermediary relationships to support NB growth in Benelux and the wider European region.
- Deliver and manage annual operating plans / sales targets with intermediaries, maximising opportunities for business growth and profitability to Bupa Global
- Conduct regular review sessions with the relevant partners providing a single view of their and their clients’ interaction and performance with Bupa Global
- Establish robust pipeline management and optimisation of pipeline opportunities
- Build strong, effective long-term relationships and manage strategic relationships within each intermediary resulting in:
- increased loyalty and placement rates
- reduced and streamlined contact points across Bupa Global
- Ensure the management and activities of all partners comply with regulatory requirements in line with Bupa Global’s expectations and adhere to Sales’ terms and conditions
Corporate support and onboarding
- Offer support and advice in the corporate RFP process and onboarding of new corporate clients.
The Ideal Candidate
- Dutch mother tongue and proficiency in English required
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills / knowledge from international / domestic insurance or financial services industries (understanding of insurance business development process and interdependencies of relevant functions of a [medical] insurance business)
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners
- Understanding of the relevant local & international legal / regulatory frameworks
- Experience of dealing with foreign cultures is important, as is the ability to develop a strong network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long-term relationships
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.