Business Development Consultant
The Partnering Business Development Consultant will report to the Head of Partnering Distribution (BGAPAC) with the primary purpose of building sustainable, growth oriented and profitable partnerships with third party organisations (which may or may not include Bupa Sister Companies).
We are currently hiring for 2 positions - one covering Chengdu & one covering Guangzhou.
- To support the Head of Partnering Distribution (BGAPAC) in driving, leading and co-ordinating revenue growth (new business and retention) of the product range distributed through 3rd parties in the region
- Be the day to day relationship point of contact on behalf of Bupa Global Business Unit with the allocated third party organisation.
- Be the lead on 3rd party relationship governance, supported by various internal departments who collaborate to ensure the partnership is effective and operational
- Support as Bupa Global's funnel for the developing and maintaining an understanding of the local insurance / IPMI markets, local regulatory frameworks, business opportunities and risks in that locality
- Act as initial point of contact for the escalation and resolution of issues and problems relating to the Bupa’s dealings with the 3rd parties allocated in region
- Collaborate with marketing to build, develop and execute market facing promotions to ensure a clear and consistent face to the market
- Evaluate and determine approach to all ‘Globalista’ segments in market that can be targeted via 3rd parties engaged.
- Take accountability for issue resolution and undertaking investigation and reconcillation activites as are necessary for the speedy resolution of issues.
- Support the Head of Partnering Distribution (BGGC) to build, deliver and manage strategic plans, annual operating plans and sales targets within the region, maximising opportunities for business growth and profitability to Bupa Global from partnering.
- Work with Partner Service team to ensure that the activities of the partnerships adhere to the terms and conditions of the partner agreements, including service level agreements, and ensure that each partnership maintains its regulatory compliance.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to measure the performance of the partner and of Bupa's business in its on shore territories.
- Undertake regular re-evaluations of the dynamics (both commercial and regulatory) of countries/markets for which the job holder is responsible
- Ensure information is kept up-to-date and compliant and that contingency plans are in place in the event of issues with the partner/country.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with sales and business development of third parties
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Some exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks
- Understanding of the business development process and the interdependencies of pricing, risk management, marketing, distribution, product development, systems, legal and operational aspects of running a medical insurance business
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, as is the ability to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships
- An ability to speak and write other languages – as minimum English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Corporate governance experience of value
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.