Business Development Consultant (Dubai), Bupa Global
The Business Development Consultant position is a key role operating in the UAE market; with responsibility for driving considerable new business growth within the SME space amongst top tier brokers.
The role will require significant face to face business engagement with top producing IPMI brokers facilitating strong and consistent sales growth. The selected candidate will be the day to day face of Bupa Global to his/her panel of brokers, have sound commercial acumen, be an effective communicator, possess advanced presentation skills, be a credible business enabler and have a strong track record of auditable business growth in the healthcare market.
The role is pivotal in developing new commercial opportunity, gathering robust broker data to assist in future planning cycles; as well as gathering competitor and market insight.
- The jobholder will be expected to manage all aspects of new business and distribution development;
- Build strong, effective long term relationships with decision makers within each intermediary;
- Build and deliver on current and new intermediary relationships;
- Achieve new business sales targets and seek to achieve targeted growth both for registration and distribution;
- The jobholder must identify those opportunities that can be developed and draw up a Strategic Plan which seeks to identify the business potential within the account or distribution, not only in terms of potential for expansion and growth for International business, but for the whole Bupa Group;
- As the needs of the International marketplace change, there will be a growing demand from clients for advice on the most appropriate cover. The jobholder will be pro-active in their management of their entire role and ensure appropriate communication with all parts of the business, specifically Pricing and Marketing to ensure client needs are recognised and where possible and where appropriate they are met;
- To represent Bupa Global as a thoroughly professional organisation by good preparation and planning prior to calls and ensuring appropriate after-sales service and support;
- To prepare and present appropriate sales material often to the highest level of the company using full graphic capabilities, marketing and sales aids.;
- To initiate and conduct appropriate discussions and negotiations with third parties relating to both existing and potential new business, and actively encourage tri-partite arrangements on all client accounts where an intermediary is appointed;
- To comply with and take into account any requirements from the local regulations;
- Able to demonstrate that he/she pays due regard to customers and treat them fairly by:
- able to explain the impact that your role and actions have on the fair treatment of customers;
- able to explain the potential implications for customers who are not treated fairly by you or others;
- make the fair treatment of customers central to all that you do;
- always seeking to be competent to do your job e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills;
- always providing customers with clear information and suitable advice which takes account of their circumstances;
- only selling customers products that they need;
- discuss the risks/benefits of a product with customers in a clear, simple way ensuring it is not misleading and allowing them to positively confirm their understanding of the product that they are purchasing.
- As the subject matter expert in business-wide projects related to Intermediary operations and/or growth
The Ideal Candidate
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management including selling at Senior/Board member level;
- Demonstrated track record in growing intermediary sales and have previous working relationships with intermediaries or third party distribution channels to exceed targeted business results/KPIs;
- Have working knowledge of competitor products, business/commercial acumen on pricing/contract issues within the marketplace;
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners;
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, and capable to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships;
- An ability to speak a second language, is desirable;
- Have exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Able to work independently as well as to contribute to the team;
- Skill and ability to adopt a “consultative” approach to effect problem solving and to explore options which ensure potential within a client account is maximised for the benefit of Bupa Global;
- Excellent Planning and Organisation Skills. Recognises the need to be competing priorities and plans and organises to ensure all aspects of job are managed and met;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- Excellent Presentation Skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes;
- Good team player who believes in sharing skills and knowledge, to ensure success for all
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 29M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ almost 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, to improve the health of the world. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa Global is the worldwide Bupa business. We provide products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium healthcare at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. Bupa Global provides international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,500 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Bupa Global Greater China, Bupa Global Latin America, Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Rest of World.